Chapter 2

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. I quickly jab the snooze button and wait as my eyes slowly adjust to the brightness of my room. I turn my head to look at my clock. It's 7:00. Usually I wake up at 7:45. Today, I decided to wake up earlier so I can take a shower, since I didn't last night. I walk to the kitchen and make myself a bowl of cereal. I choose Fruity Pebbles because that's the only good cereal we have in the house.

When I finish my breakfast, I head to my bathroom to take that shower. Thankfully, I have my own bathroom. I couldn't be happier that I don't have to share with my brother Daniel, who I call Danny, and my dad.

Once I'm in my bathroom, I lock the doors and turn on the water. I accidently wore the clothes I wore yesterday to bed. I take them off and head into the shower.

I quickly shower, making sure to wash my hair. When I exit the shower, I wrap the towel around myself and walk into my room to get dressed. Today, I choose an oversized, dusty rose sweater and a pair of distressed white shorts. I put them on, fall back into bed, and grab my phone. I scan through my notifications until I see a new message from Jace. My heart starts to beat a little bit faster as I open my phone and look at the text.

Morning! I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere. I look at the time it was sent and see it was 10 minutes ago.

Absolutely! Anywhere would be good with me. :) I don't want to seem desperate but I really like this guy. He's so easy to talk to, he's sweet, and he's British. What more could a girl want? I hear my phone ping and look down.

Meet me at Twirly Swirly Ice Cream in 20. It's down on Fourth past the park.

I sigh happily, knowing I may have just set up a date with my future husband.

I'm getting too far ahead of myself.

I may have just gotten a date with a really nice guy that cares about me.

That's much better.

I get up, throwing on a pair of socks and white Converse. I brush my hair and pull it up into a messy bun. I grab my white purse and walk towards the door. I grab my keys on the way out.

I start the car and pull out of my driveway. As I roll down the street, I sing loudly and off-key to the radio. Finally , I arrive at the little ice-cream shop. Blazing proudly outside is an electric sign with a picture of a pastel ice-cream cone and the name of the shop.

I turn my head towards the front door where I see Jace standing, looking at his phone. His hair has that stylized messy look. His outfit is simple but nice. The plain white tee and black leather jacket compliment his form-fitting blue jeans. I look in the mirror to make sure I look decent. Deciding I'm missing something, I apply a pink gloss to my lips.

Perfect.

I get out of the car.

I walk over, butterflies dancing in my stomach. This could be the last first date of my life. I'm practically drooling over the guy by the time I get over to him.

"Hi again," I awkwardly blurt out. My eyes widen and I just wanted to curl up and disappear into the sidewalk.

"Hey, you! You look amazing," He says with an adorable grin. I feel the heat rising up to my face. I know I look like a tomato, but right now that doesn't matter.

"You look amazing too. You want to go inside and get something?' I bite my lip while saying this, mentally cursing my nervous habits.

"Let's go!"

We walk inside of the shop and head toward the counter to order our ice cream. The waitress behind the counter is playing on her phone

We awkwardly stand there for a few seconds, not sure if we should alert her to our presence. She finally sees us and puts away her phone.