Vanilla Latte

"I freaking hate-"

"Coffee, I know I know." Cheeto-my best friend, sighed and tossed the can of Easy Whipp, in my direction.

"Thanks," I shrugged, and lazily topped the chilled cup of 'Pumping Java Jingle' (number seven) with the fluffy white condiment.

One pump java, two pumps jingle.

"You know, you could quit this job, like anytime," he sighed. Chester already clocked out, so he couldn't take any more orders. Laughing at me while tossing his signature green apron away.

God, we were so close to closing shop-maybe about 15 minutes at the most, but apparently people just loved the rush of getting pricey coffee at the last minute.

"That'll be two-fifty," I said to the fake blonde swaying in front of me.

I think she was flirting with me by the looks of it, but I didn't really care.

I guess she was one of those preppy girls who went to Oakland High. The ones who got everything for free because they wore less clothes than required.

Blondie had asked for one of the fruity tasting drinks, with the actual amount of coffee extremely weak.

"I said that will be two-fifty," I grunted again under my breath.

She winked at me, handing me the money, and lingered along my hand way longer than needed.

Surprisingly it wasn't money she'd given me. Just a piece of paper that had 'call me,' inked in cursive. She took the coffee and danced back to the exit.

"Yeah, I'll call you when you can afford coffee, without swaying your plastic butt all over my Dad's business!"

I could've sworn I'd heard Cheeto laugh for the first time all day. I turned to him and shrugged.

"You get this a lot?" I question, placing the we're closed sign smack dap on the counter.

"Well it depends," he held the tray of dirty blenders in his hands, walking back into the kitchen. I followed hotly behind his trail.

"What do you mean it depends?There better not be anymore of those cheapskates or I'm filing a complaint."

He dropped the blenders in the sink, leaving them alone for someone else to clean. Someone like me.

"You can't file a complain, you work here. Idiot."

I shrugged silently at his comment.

"So you're telling me you didn't get any money at all?"

He put his two hands on my shoulders and tilted his head over towards my customized tip jar.

His green eyes were filled out by the sad little dark circles, He gained for working so hard this Christmas break.

"No," I pushed him off me, "But at least she thinks I'm attractive."

He smiled "She dresses, like it's summer. That is not a gain for you."

My name is Vance O'Donnell son of the dexterous actress, Alexis Scott O'Donnell.

You could say that we lived in the 90210 (if the 90120 was in New York) but heck we basically owned the 90210. Honestly it was just me, and Mom, (and sometimes Chester, or Cheeto or whatever we felt like calling him).

Ever since Mom landed that part in The Windfall she had been gaining so much press

She played the wind, I'm not even kidding, she was literally the winds embouchure (voice-over). She was freaking casted as the white version of Morgan Freeman.

Ah, Hollywood.

It landed us a lot of dough. A lot of spots for her and to seal the deal, it came with a 20 acre mansion- Also known as, the Old Mc.O'Donnell Farm.

To some people, the thought of having a mansion seems like a dream come true. To me, It gets extremely lonely. Mother O'Donnell lives, eats, and breathes on set meaning life for was and always will be, a television show.

A very lonely and miserable television show.

"I still hate coffee," Chester looked at me and smirked.

"Tell me something I don't know."

He shoved a broom into my chest, signaling me to sweep up the tiled surrounding around us.

As if being a new kid at Oakland High, and working at The Coffee Bean wasn't freaking enough.

"Vance, my friend Max is having a huge party tonight. If you really wanna go, you'll finish my work, 'cause I could either bring you as a guest, or I could bring my cat."

He tossed the keys at me.
"Now if you excuse me, I have a cat to come home to."

Cheeto cocked and eyebrow at me, waiting for my answer.

"I-I think, I might wanna come."

"Oh good so you'll sweep up!"
He held the door open with his hands.

"And dude, I love you, but get some new friends, or a girlfriend." He winked.

And before I could object he was already out the door, running in the snow towards his car.

I slammed my head against the cold winter glass and watched him wave at me before leaving the parking lot.

"Get some new friends, he says," I spoke to myself, mimicking his dumb Boston accent, and his stupid party invites.

"Get a life Vance-"

I was interrupted by the doorbell ringing again. "Go away Cheeto," I yelled, with my back away from the door.

"Geez Vance, I'm not Chester, I just want Coffee."

I jumped, facing an abnormally curly sixteen year old, brown-haired midget.

"Oh my God, Angie you decide to come in now? With two seconds to spare," I stared down at my watch for effect, just something my Mom taught me to do.

My very loud, yet very petite step-sister shrugged, and grabbed the broom out of my hand.

"I got it Vance, I know you're busy." she smiled "And Vance?" She giggled.

"Yeah?" I looked down at her.

"You don't have a watch idiot,"