Part 1

I was inspired by GameVoid when they made their second part of their Steve x reader x Herobrine and I just couldn't help myself to come back to these Minecraft fics and have a little bit of nostalgia!

°°°

You grabbed an empty bottle from your chest and decided to grab some water to drink. As you dipped the bottle into a cauldron, a knock was heard from the front door of you small house. It could be a simple villager asking for you to run for an errand for them, but as you walked towards your door, you see another player looking through and waving.

"I got the latest newspaper for you. It's got a lot of gossip I think you'll love to hear!", They yelled out from the other side of the door and to your amuse, they even peek it into the holes of the door.

"If it's about notch leaving us, then I already know that!", You picked up the newspaper and opened it with force so it could be flat in air with your hands holding it. As you read, the player seems to get more excited to hint you what's the "gossip".

"Nah (y/n), that was months ago! I'm talking about what has happened just two days ago.... I'm just gonna say is, his name goes with brine", he emphasized the ne in brine to get you scooping in the news.

HEROBRINE IS BACK! AND HE'S RILED UP!
October 13, 2018

Travelers have reported sightings of forests with no leaves. Villagers and players have spoken of their village being burnt. Top it all off, mobs have increasingly expanded and are now in packs of variety, from Creepers to Phantoms, you name it. They are nasty as they can be and all thanks to the legend, Herobrine! No one has been killed, but be warned of the man with glowing eyes!

As you read the article, you couldn't help but laugh at what you were reading. The player next to you got somewhat confused by your small chuckles and it caused them to even snatch the newspaper out of your hands.

"What's so funny!? This is bad (y/n)!", They yelled at you and hit you with the newspaper. They were looking straight into your squinted eyes as you swiped a tear from laughter.

"What's bad? There's no proof that he's back! I see no discussion around here, and their is no commentary from these "travelers and villagers". It's just a trick to get us to moved around and have no trust in anyone!", You took the newspaper from their hands, and the player frustrated from what you said, left you alone at your house.

Upon reading more while drinking some water and leaning on your house, you see women and some of your friends gather around in a spot. You only glimpse a bit, and just think 'Must be a traveler, I wonder how handsome he might be to these girls....', and you go back reading.

From the crowd, women were talking to a stranger, offering him food and armor, even potions for their safe travels. At your spot, you couldn't hear what they were saying, except hearing them fangirl and moan over a new man. But in it all they asked of him was: "How long will you stay?", "Would you like some place to sit? My house is perfect!", "I'll give you my discount at the inn here! I have a ton of those!"

But all he did was reject them, and try to pry out of the crowd and look for someone decent to ask about the village. But as he got out, he spotted you and decided to head over to your spot and ask you for directions. From the corner of your eye, you saw the man walk to you, and surprisingly enough, you couldn't believe who it was.