Jess and Zia walked towards the center of the room, both armed with their bows. They stood, back to back, each reaching into their quivers and drawing arrows. I noted the several targets and false trees scattered around.

"We're ready Venus." Zia called. Venus opened her hand, and holographic human figures appeared.

"Go!" Rain shouted as the people began to move. Jess brought her bow up to shooting position. In the blink of an eye, two targets went down. Zia had the same speed, taking down three targets in a row. A gold arrow nearly hit Jess, but her field blocked it and she took down the shooter. Like magic, the two ran in sync for the targets, leaping on top. Zia used the target to get some height in her jump, pushing off, and taking down three more. Four left. Jess calmly loaded her bow with a black arrow, and shot it at the middle of the group. It exploded, destroying all four.

"Impressive!" I shouted. Jess rolled her eyes, but her smile told another story. She was pleased. I watched as she collected her arrows and noted they had a white stripe. Normal arrows. Rain nudged my back, and I took my turn. I summoned my trident, and adjusted the band that allowed me to summon the trident back to me. I held it out as blue targets appeared. I ran into their midst, striking and stabbing, parrying and blocking. I heard Jess urging me on, and I could imagine putting myself in an arena. Ava suddenly popped in my mind, and the worry over her safety, and what they could be doing to her clouded my mind.

"Gill?!" I heard a voice scream, but I didn't acknowledge it. The targets closed in, and I screamed.

.............................................................

"What do you mean you don't know what happened?!" Jesse exclaimed. I watched from a groggy state of mind as Jesse and Zia went back and forth.

"I mean Jesse, that I have never seen a force of magic so strong!" the blonde shouted.

"Gill?" I heard someone whisper. I turned to see Jess sit next to me.
"What-" I began. She shushed me with a finger to my lips.

"A burst of magic. I read about it in school. Alf Seidr." Jess explained softly. She glanced up at her boyfriend and her OC arguing before sighing.

"They've been arguing ever since you created that Alf Seidr that disarmed everyone and destroyed your targets." Jess added absentmindedly before she stood up, and literally vanished. I rolled my eyes at the two bickering, and moved to sit up.

"Did you guys hear that?" Venus asked, walking in. Jesse and Zia fell silent, and I watched Zia reach a finger to her choker, mumbling something I couldn't hear. Jess reappeared, looking up at the obsidian covered windows. I could barely make out a voice, but it was clear.

"All citizens report to the center square immediately." the voice called. Zia and Venus and Rain looked to each other.

"We better go, before we're forced." Rain said. We all nodded in agreement, heading out the back way. I watched as Jess grabbed her boyfriend's hand, and walk into the square. I noted the men in all white uniforms.

"Panemian Peacekeepers. They were in The Hunger Games." Jess whispered to me as I walked to her side. I nodded. Seems all fandoms were coming to life now. Hopefully we won't have to take down giant deadly robotic Grievers in a giant maze next...

"Ladies and gentlemen! Thank you for attending this honorable ceremony! Today, we are reaping one brave man and noble lady to be the last Tributes in the 76th Hunger Games!" someone called over a mic system. I heard Jess gasp.

"No way..." she muttered.

"What?" I asked, looking over at her. One of her hands was over her mouth.

"That's Effie Trinket." she answered. I watched as two glass balls with an open top be rolled into place. Each one was filled with names.

"Let us start with the ladies." Effie said, reaching into the bowl on the left.

"Jessica Cahill." she called. Jess sighed, raising her head high, and walked up the stage.

"Any volunteers?" Effie called. I saw Zia wanting to lunge and volunteer. But Venus held her back, whispering in her ear. Jess let out a shaky breath. I could tell by her posture. Effie's hand moved to the other bowl, pulling out a name.

"Rainmin Johnson."

"I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!"