Anxieties: "She needs to chill out a bit"

"She needs to chill out a bit." The shopowner tried fooling her into taking a drug that would put her down and out for a little bit.

Meanwhile, she's screaming on the inside. She spends every day on the verge of panic, wondering about 90 different things at once. In the mornings, she curls up in bed, thinking about everything that will go wrong that day.

Her mind races almost every second of the day. The smallest things set her off. She worries about simply walking into a room, when all eyes turn to her. She watches her greetings, thinking that she said the wrong thing and that everyone hates her now.

If something goes even slightly wrong, she thinks of every possible way she messed it up. Her mind goes wild for days as she obsesses over how she messed up everything. They ask if she's okay and she only nods, not wanting to bother people with her problems. If she talks too much, she worries she's bothering everyone. If she's too quiet, she worries people think she's weird.

There's never a balance. She's always worried or scared for something or another. Everything is falling apart in her mind and very few moments exist where she worries about nothing at all. It's a peaceful time, but it's immediately broken by the smallest of insecurities.