III

thє lσnєlч hσur chαptєr thrєє

mч díαmσnd вєckσnѕ чσur gσld díggíng ѕσul

  ▍NURI'S POV 

"So how was your first day?" A cheerful voice says the very moment i step foot into my office. I look up to see my mother standing there with an excited smile on her face.

Although i highly doubt it has anything to do with her only daughter getting the job of a lifetime. I'm sure it has more to do with the ring around my fingers.

I walk up and lay my bag down at my desk, my mother giving me a kiss on each cheek before taking my hand in hers, carefully inspecting the ring. "I knew he was a good one." She says while fiddling with the relatively large diamond within the silver band.

Her hands are cold upon mine and as much as i want to tell her that's enough i continue to stand still, letting her look at the ring she has waited so long for.

"This is perfect." She says, her smile widening.

I sigh, pulling my hand away from her finally. "Don't you think it's a bit quick though? I mean i'm finally getting somewhere with my job and even though it's not the direction i had planned on its still something. I'm making something of myself and i don't know if this is the right time to be getting married mother."

She gives me a light wack to the back of the head. "Don't say such silly things. You're twenty-two, that's a little late don't you think? And he's perfect for you."

I chuckle lightly, propping myself up on my desk, crossing my legs. "Oh really?"

She glares. "Of course. I know what's right for you even though you may not. I'm your mother after all."

I nod lightly. "Of course mother."

"He's wealthy, has a good job with a good income, he comes from a good family and-" She starts listing off all the reasons she thinks i should love him but i cut her off.

"Yes, he has all the important stuff." I say sarcastically.

It seems as if my diamond beckons her gold digging soul.

My mother takes my arm. "I just want you to have a good life where you are supported Nuri."
That may be true, but she cannot deny the fact that this is not only because of her love for me. She wants herself to have a good life too. And Jiwon could give that to her. All she had to do was get the two of us together. Mission accomplished i suppose.