Virality

Virality

"Build up, I will go under to take his teammate", Cameron said into his mic.

"What about the other few players?", His online friend asked

"We can pick them off at the end, this is the last whole team."

"You're the leader", his friend replied, in a soft, annoyed way.

Cameron and one of his many online friends, Jason, were live-streaming together. They were playing their favorite video game, Minecraft. They had been top of the Hypixel server for almost two weeks, and they were the top rated 13 year olds on the entire server. They were currently playing a game mode in which 5 teams of four spawned into a large, cubic arena. The only rules were: loot, kill, and survive. To add up on top of that, Cameron had a currently successful YouTube channel which had 3 thousand subscribers and a grand total of over 100 thousand views. He had started his channel early October, which it was just over 2 months ago, as Christmas was now rolling in. He was live-streaming a video, where he was giving away all of Hypixel's secret locations.

He was currently two hours into the stream before his mom came downstairs and told him dinner was ready. He said he was coming, but didn't walk upstairs till over half an hour later. Cameron was never much of a family person. He always enjoyed being alone, it was his hobby, but he always listened to his parents. It had been hard since his brother, which was a dog, passed a few weeks ago. He had received the dog as his first ever birthday present, and since he was an only child, he had treated him as his own sibling.

Now that he had no reason to even walk upstairs, since the whole basement was literally the size of a small house, containing 2 bedrooms, a workout room ( even though Cameron was a gamer, he was still in good shape ). He had his own bathroom, porch, living room, and kitchen, which was basically just a fridge, microwave and 2 cupboards, plus a sink. Cameron had always loved his parents, but they were always gone, so he never really got close with them, like, going on a vacation or something. That was all stuff he did with his grandparents. His father was a businessman, always flying around the world, helping his company grow. His mom was a fly away doctor, which meant she flew to different cities around the country to help other hospitals. Cameron, well, he was normal. Average. He got good grades, and some really good friends, and had one of the cutest girls in the grade. The only thing different from him and his friends was the fact that he lived in a four story house. 3 floors up and a basement. He never bragged, but he still knew it. His parents had money. His grandparents more. When his mother's parents sold their company for over 10 million dollars, they without a doubt had used that to spoil their only grandson. He never loved getting whatever he wanted, but it was awesome. His parents were the smart ones, they made him purchase all of his own belongings. "That's how we learned", they always told him. His parents were both from poor families, yet they managed to become amazing people. They weren't selfish, in fact they were nicer than most of the people that Cameron knew, and he knew a lot of people.

After Cameron had finished eating, he had walked into the bathroom and took a shower, then walked downstairs and checked his view count. It was currently at 20 thousand. Cameron's jaw dropped. It had only been half an hour.

"Woah", he said to himself,"This is going to be a great episode"

After that Cameron hopped in bed, read a chapter of his book, ( he was reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ), and clicked off his lamp.

That night, while Cameron slept sound asleep, his video rose up, continuing to grow, till, by five o'clock in the morning, it had reached well over 5 million views.