Chapter 9

Shit! Shit! That was close! How could it be that I was so careless? I kick the foot of my couch, displeased with my latest kill. Yes, it is accomplished, but there was room for messing up. I didn't even get to leave my message. That bitch that called the cops almost caught me. She made my plans not go accordingly.
I sit, and sweat forms on my brows. I rock back and forth trying to quiet my worries. Why am I so worried? She's dead. I'm sure. The girl who saw me was too far away to detect anything incriminating. I have always been my worst critique. I want to execute them perfectly.
I hum a calming tune, close my eyes, and lean back in the couch. I need to relax.
After a few minutes, I drift off to sleep.
~~~~
"Go, Jack, go! You got this!" The rest of the students chant, wanting Jack to win the race.
It's sport's day at school, and I'm always trying to fit in. I want to play sports, but it seems like I fail at everything, except my academics.
The finish line is within sight, I feel like I will win this running race. I feel like I am so ahead.
"Go, Jack, go. Don't let him win."
I am only a few more steps from winning, when in my peripheral vision, I see Jack closing the space. He runs close to me, too close, and I feel his foot goes between mine. I go flying forward with such a great impact, because of the speed we were running.
He, deliberately, did that. He allowed me to run ahead, so I would think I had a chance at winning. He wanted to hurt and shame me.
I hear a snapping sound as I land on the ground, and I feel this lightning sharp pain in my left arm. I, immediately, roll on my back, screaming in pain. All the other kids are hovering over me. Some looking shocked, others just laughing, and commending Jack.
I feel like I am drifting in and out of reality. The pain is so intense, I'm falling asleep. The last face I see before I fully pass out is Jack's. He has no remorse. He has a huge smile on his face. He utters one single word at me. "Loser".
I jolt out of my slumber. I'm sweating. I hate the way I sweat when I have these nightmares. How can they still have such an effect on me? Are they still able to torture me, even now? Or course, not! I will teach him a lesson. Yes! Jack is next.
I need to find his exact address. I will monitor his move.
I grin and go for a beer. I take a sip and laugh, "oh, Jack! We will see who the real loser is!"