prolouge

[Bonnie's point of view]

"Katy! Get out!" Emily whined.

"I can't, gravity's increasing on me." Katy teased as she dropped half her weight on my daughter.

"Is not!" Emily retorted.

"Is too, Em, the same thing happened yesterday."

I erupted with giggles from the kitchen as I had been trying to wash some dishes. I gave up and quickly rinsed the soap off my hands.

I walked over to the both of them and began tickling Katy's tummy as I left quick kisses on her neck. She fell to the floor in a fit of laughter. I smirked at Emily and she ran around the apartment screaming as I chased after her.

Three bangs on the door. Three heart shattering, bone crushing bangs. Slow but steady. I would know them anywhere, they all knocked the same.

With heavy feet I walked over to the door and answered it.

"Mrs. McKee?" The man in the black suit asked.

"Ms." I corrected.

He wrote something in his notepad and demanded to be let in. I reluctantly stepped out of the way of his heavily build body.

After he looked around my cluttered apartment and took notes of what seemed like every detail, he asked Emily questions in such a low voice I couldn't hear what he was saying but I watched carefully, mentally taking notes of my little girl's reaction to whatever it was that was being said to her.

He stood up from the spot he had taken on the couch and walked over to me.

"I'm the one they call when things get bad," His voice was stern and his eyes were cold. With one last flick of his sunglasses he left, closing the door hard.

I sighed and leaned against the wall for support as tears clouded my vision.

Then it all went black.