Chapter 2

Luis' gaze moved to Amanda, then to Jason and then back to Amanda, trying to find clues of their "acquaintance". The look of shock on Jason's face had been replaced with his usual poker face, his eyes cold and calculating and his posture completely relaxed as though he hadn't just been dealt a blow by fate. Amanda, however looked like she had seen a ghost: her heartbeat increased rapidly, her skin turned an unflattering pale color, her eyes appeared black as her pupils enlarged, weakness in her knees and nausea climbing up her throat. Everything became a big blur as her eyes closed shut and her body gave out.

          She came to a few minutes later and almost had a fright when she saw she was on a couch in an airy room. "Amanda, are you alright?" a voice asked. Trying to sit up, she felt a sharp pain in her temple, "It's advised to lie down about ten minutes after fainting," said the twin, Jeremy. She stared at him thinking he was a doctor. "Could I have a glass of water, please," she asked, ignoring the pain. Jeremy handed her a glass and asked, "Has this ever happened before?" "Never. It must be because I'm stressed." "That could have been the trigger, but all the same you should take it easy. We don't want this happening again," Jared advised. "Is she going to be okay?" Luis asked from his position by the door. "She should be. Lots of water and taking it easy usually does the trick," Jeremy replied, taking his stethoscope off and putting it back into his medical case, leaving her alone with Luis and a chillingly uncomfortable silence.

         Back at the bar, Jason was being grilled by his younger brother, Jared about the situation that had occurred a few minutes ago. At this rate, he'd be a well done steak by the time dinner was served. Jason had not been prepared to see Amanda after nine years. Hell, she looked even more gorgeous with her olive skin glowing and her body a lot curvier than he remembered. Just remembering how gorgeous she had looked filling out her dress made him painfully hard. Seeing her today had unburied emotions and memories he had spent years trying to forget. The last time he had seen her had been magical: her hair had been spread out on the pillow, her olive skin a stark contrast against the blinding white sheets, their moans of intense pleasure filling his Harvard dormitory and him buried deep inside her, the most pleasure he had ever had and her eyes a deep blue as she succumbed to an orgasm. Heaven help him; he was still in love with Amanda Johnson.

          Amanda waited for Luis to ask the questions she knew he wanted answers to. How was she supposed to explain that she had been his best friend's girlfriend for two years and that he'd been the love of her life. How was she supposed to tell him that he had given her the most intense pleasure she had ever felt and brought her to her knees. They had first met at the celebratory football party. She and her best friend, Delia had snuck out to the much talked about party; two high school juniors with fake ID's intent on having the best time possible. She remembered the first time she'd laid eyes on him, a real charmer: all six-foot-five, brown-eyed, blond-haired specimen of him; the most attractive man she had ever met. And then he had looked at her and flashed a killer smile that reached his eyes, revealing sparkling white teeth and dimples that drove her crazy. Then, he'd swept her onto the dancefloor, his teammate Martin taking Delia as his partner. She'd fallen head over heels in love with him: dinners, outings, parties, and his excellent wooing.

          He'd introduced her to his mother who had shown her dislike for Amanda the first time she'd met her. He'd told her his family was of both English and German origins. His mother had been a direct descendant of John Pierce who had landed in Plymouth, Massachusetts in the 1650s. Her mother had expressed that she wanted her son to marry someone with the right connections to advance their family. She'd been naive then, believing that Jason would always love her. And then Operation Get Amanda Out was launched, with Harvard cheerleader and blonde bombshell, Cheryl Levitt, whose family owned a multimillion-dollar real estate company. Cheryl had always seemed to know where they were and Jason had been too nice to ask her to leave. And then she'd tried surprising him and found him in bed with Cheryl who had always hated Amanda. She had run out crying and the real heartbreak, he hadn't chased after her.