31. cute

Hoyeon's POV

"Jisung.."

"What if, huh?"

"It's just a 'what if'." I said. He let go of me and I was able to move again.. or I chose not to move earlier because our lips was too close. "Whatever. I can't live a human life without you."

I looked at him, and he looked at me. He's being weird. I scoffed and hugged the book, trying to shrug the awkward atmosphere off. "Jisung, stop being ridiculous. Of course you can."

"That book.." He said and pointed at the book I'm hugging. "It's Fantasy, isn't it?" I nodded. "Like you and me." I don't know what was wrong with him and he's acting this strange.

"Jisung, you're being unpredicatble again." I let out a laugh, an awkward one. "What do you mean?" I can't move again when he came closer and when he twirled a strand of my hair on his fingers.

"You're beyond my reach, but you seem so far away. Can you please.." I was surprised when he pulled me into a hug. "..stop playing games with me?"

"Jisung, I'm not playing with you." I replied, feeling all awkward and shit. "In fact, you're playing with me. Now, hands off." I said, but he wasn't letting me go.

He snuggled on my shoulder. "Jisung..!" The both of us didn't move. I felt him back away. "I'm sorry if I acted weird and that I said those things." He said and looked down. I nodded. "It's fine."

But I suddenly want him to hug me again.

"Do you want to buy that?" I looked at the book. "Yeah." I said and smiled. "I'll be outside if you need me." He said and headed out the bookstore. My head throbbed again.

I always need you.

I came in line and when it was my turn, I paid for the book then left the bookstore. I looked around to look for Jisung. He was looking at the flower displays in a flower stall. I walked towards him and also looked at the flowers.

"Hey," he tugged the sleeve of my shirt. "Roses." I smiled when he pointed a bucket of pink roses. "Ain't they your favorite?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "Jisung, that was the past. I don't like flowers now."

He pouted. "Then, what do you like?" He asked and pain was in the left side of my head.

You.

I smacked my hand on my head and Jisung stared at me weirdly. "What's wrong with you? Is your head hurting again?" He asked. "I think there's something wrong with my brain." I muttered.

"I am bringing you to a mental hospital." He said and pulled me, making me laugh. "Aah, no. I'm going to read this book first." I said. Jisung and I stopped then laughed like little kids.

"Are you going home?" He asked and I suddenly felt my face red when I saw his hands intertwined with mine. I pulled my hand away quickly. "What?" He asked when I looked at him with horror.

"Your face.." He reacted and started to touch his face. "What's wrong with my face? Am I turning ugly? Ugh, I should really avoid you." He said with a laugh so I smacked his back.. hard. "Ooh! My back!"

"That's supposed to be my cue to diss you!" He laughed. "I'm the handsome boy to let you taste your own medicine." He replied. I looked at the time in my phone.

"I'm going to head home." I said and waved goodbye at him. I turned away, but I felt him hold my hand. "Can we go home together?" He sounded so sincere and he was begging.

"Why?" I asked.

"Oh, you know why." He smirked, and I also did. "You want to annoy the shit out of me? Please don't be like Jeno for the love of milkshakes and coffee." I said and he chuckled at that.

"No, really." I took it back. "Really, why?" I asked again. He gave me a small smile. "I don't know.." He looked side to side, avoiding my gaze. "I just want to be with you."

Even though he was acting weird, I said 'yes'. "Yay!" He cheered like a kid then the next thing I know I'm smacking his arm again and again. He was gaining attention from people that passed by us. "Hey, stop it! You know I hate attention."

He stopped but he kept his wide grin on his face. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Let's go." I said and dragged him outside the mall. He suddenly snatched away the shopping bag where the sweaters are from me.

"I'll carry it."

"It's unusual of you to be a gentleman." He gave it back to me. "Then, carry it." I rolled my eyes and I did. It would be too cliché if I complain. We stayed quiet and of course, I didn't know what to do.

My heart rose when he suddnely lifted me up. "Then, I'll carry you." He smirked and exited the mall, people looking at us. I hit his chest. "Put me down! Geeeezzz, it's so embarrassing!" He shook his head cutely.

"Park Jisung, put me down, right now!" I demanded but he smirked. "That rhymed." He said and I swayed my legs violently. "I know, but it's not the right time for rhyming!"

"Whatever you say, I'm not putting you down," he stopped and looked at me. "Unless you really want me to put you down--"

"Of course! Now, what shall I do so you would put me down?!" I shouted at his face. "Ooh, calm down, ya psychopath." He said. "Kiss me."

"What?" I asked unbelievably. "No hell way! I am loyal to BamBam, you asshole!" I said and tried to jump off, but I was a scaredy cat. "Nuh-uh. You have to kiss me so I can put you down."

I bit my lower lip, hesitating if I should. "Uhm.." I started and poked his left cheek. "Can I on the cheek?" I asked, my voice a bit pitched. He grinned cutely. Fuck.

"Sure." I bit my lip again, still unsure if I should do it. I glanced at him and he was looking at my lips. I then kissed him on the cheek and FINALLY, he put me down. I grabbed the shopping bag and ran away, embarrassed.

"Hey, Hoyeon!"

"S-See you on Monday..! Or never!"

•••

Jisung's POV

I chuckled when she ran away, embarrassed because she kissed my cheek in public. I shouted, "Hey, Hoyeon!"

"S-See you on Monday..! Or never!" She replied. I chuckled and turned away. I covered my face and sighed heavily. It felt hot and I also felt a smile creep up my lips.

"Cute."

•••