First and last Love

((Since Shadow can handle a lot physically can he handle things emotionally))

-Coco's pov-
It's been a little bit more brighter when team KASL arrived. For example Velvet and (Y/n) were looking like a happy couple Lacey and Ren seemed like a weird but perfect pair with one being way to smart to be at any acdemeys. Astro well he's been shoved off by Yang,Weiss, and The malachite twins from what I heard. It took a little while for Keegan to open up to new people but eventually he did start showing up around the dorm with my brother when he just needed to talk to others with Christmas((I just need something to play this out)) coming around the corner fast everyone was getting excited to see what gifts they would get.

"I want cookies!" Ruby yelled walking down the halls with Astro and (Y/n). Despite him not making a move yet Ruby seems to really like Astro but he's not taking in any obvious hints that she likes him.

"Alright chill out Ms.Claus." my brother said cheekily when he said that Ruby was going to punch him but he moved out the way and she hit Astro it was cute to see her check if she hurt him. Through out there whole time being here for the past six months they haven't gotten one assignment from Ozpin. He says he just reserving their skill for the real fight with nothing to do the four of them train with Pyrrha or anyone else available. I've never seen teamwork unlike team KASL's their communication and cordnation in a fight is phenomenal.

"Yo sis I gotta talk to you!" (Y/n) said as he walked past me. He pulled me into his teams dorm were none of their stuff was I thought his was odd but eventually he finally spoke up. "Coco. I-I'm leaving B-beacon." He looked up sadder than I ever seen him but come to think about it I've never seen him sad before.

"What do you mean you're just leaving. Just like that? What the hell (Y/n)! Velvet will be heart broken!" When I said that he winced but something told me to lay off and hear him speak it out "Ugh, why are you leaving?" Hoping to get a good reason.

"Keegan got a call from Our captain Winter. She said that before the holidays begin we're needed back at Atlas for a potential attacks from the white fang on one of our bases." He paced back and forth he's nervous so I sat down and heard the rest of his reasoning "I won't be back for awhile like. Eight weeks or so. Thought I'd never say this but I'm scared." He nearly broke down just saying that I got up a and hugged him. He doesn't want to leave but if he doesn't Atlas will have him arrested.

"It's okay. I'll let Velvet know." I said hoping that she'll understand to.

"No don't I'll tell her." He quickly said pulling away from the hug and letting me know he can do it but he needs to get some other stuff done before he does.

-Timeskip-
-Your pov-
I lied to Coco saying I needed to get some other stuff done and that I'll be back before I leave in the next few days I'm just glad she can't see through me with those damn shades. Keegan called me up and I walked toward the entrence to a place where white fang were. Winter said that we need to take this place for info and that backup will be coming in after we take the outpost. Astro rushed in cloaking with his semblance followed by Lacey me and Keegan both nodded at each other and we followed after them.

Astro took out as many as he could before getting spotted by a spotter which Lacey sniped with her bow Keegan rushed in Morningstar in hand and he went up in his bright orange and red flames. I walked in holding my hand to my heart and holding my one of my axes in other hand slowly strolling forward. I'm hesitating before I was always the first to engage in a situation like this but now...Now I've got to much to lose compared to before. If I die my friends mourn me. If I die Keegan might lose control. If I die Velvet.

I looked up and saw several white fang rushing me I just played defensively and held them all to the ground choking them enough to render them unconscious and out of the playing field I was to caught up on taking down everyone around me I didn't even see a certain red blade came and striked me down.

The blade was hot and burning through my Aura I looked up and saw the 'hornless bull' Adam Taurus I used a shadow to pull him away and set some distance between me and him I just groaned from the pain from my neck before thinking back to Velvet and all the time we spent together and how I might never see her again, my heart ached when I thought about that I looked up just intime to dodge a Killing blow from Adam. I used another shadow to switch places giving myself the high ground and running away.

I found Keegan and captain Winter taking the main controlled area to let reinforcements know we need help.

I looked back and saw Adam trying to cut me in half again I just jumped out the way dodging each swing to the best of my ability "Just! Die!" I slipped up on one  dodge and the blade went through my gut. But all I felt was the wind blowing over me like I was a pile of leaves as I feel to my knees I could barely make out Winter and Keegan attacking Adam before closing my eyes.

-Flashback-
"Well what do you think?" Velvet said spinning around showing me her dress that Coco and her bought for the dance I was to caught up in the way she looked that I couldn't answer.

"I-I-I think you look BEAU-BREATHTAKING!" I said before jumping up and hugging her kissing her temple.

-Velvet's pov-
Hearing those words from (Y/n) was enough to make me confident in my choice of dress that I saw thankful of Coco for helping me and how grateful I am to have a boyfriend like (Y/n).

-Your pov & Timeskip-
"Alright well this is akward." I said walking in on Astro and some random girl I've never seen before about to get it on in the dorm.

"Hey (Y/n)! What's going o..." I looked over and saw Velvet walking toward me and when she looked into the room her face turned redder than Ruby's cape. Jokingly I grabbed her by her waist

"Astro why would you do this to someone so pure?!" I exaggerated putting Velvet down beside me and away from the hot mess that could've happend.

He stumbled out the room after the girl leaving him "Hey come on don't leave me. Come on girl." She left leaving Astro with no pants and an undone shirt.

"Come on man you gotta ruin my fun each time!" He pointed at me making me feel like I was the cause of this but I pointed we all share this dorm "Yeah whatever you say!" He said going back into the room hopefully getting dressed or something.

"Well you wanna go and hang out at your dorm since no one's there?" I asked her she simply said yes we both walked down the hall before Astro stopped us we both looked back and saw him throw me something.

I caught it and before I could see what it was he went back into the room and yelled out "Just making sure you say safe man!" I looked down and read the little package Velvet read it too but it wasn't something I wanted to see until later in the relationship
'Condoms'
I looked at Velvet giving a sly smile and put them in my pocket she blushed so much I couldn't stop laughing.

-Present time-
I felt myself getting lifted up and Lacey stuck something in my neck and I felt my whole body get a surge of energy I looked around and saw white fang getting locked up "Where's Adam?"

Keegan looked back at me and told me he got away but not before he made Adam feel his heat I smiled at that.

"(Y/n)?" I looked back and saw Velvet almost crying before I could speak she ran and hugged me I pulled her closer feeling the pain of what I'm about to tell her. "Why are you out here? I thought you were going to go to Atlas just to see some old friends?"

Here goes nothing "Velvet. I got to tell you something." I stroked her bunny ears and caressed her face "I'm-I'm not going to be around anymore. And before you or I go please hear me out." I held her hands looking down "I don't know if I'll come back. Before I was reckless but now I'm just. I feel like I've got to much to lose." My voice was starting to crack "And I wish I could stay a little longer but I can't." I looked up and saw her face was full of tears "So please if I do." She nearly screamed at me for saying that she said that I can't leave or go to Atlas she needs me here with her. "Velvet I'm sorry but this is that kind of mission. I might....I might." My voice went dry before I could finsh "Die." Her face was a hot red and her eyes were watery from the tears she ran away from me I tried to chase her but Coco stopped me and hugged me.

"She understands. But this is just too hard on her." I felt my heart nearly being ripped in half as soon as she said that she hugged me once more before walking away. Keegan walked over and told me it's okay and that he'll get me home safe and sound.

I didn't care but Winter didn't look at me when we left to get our defenses ready for one Atlas bases.