Chapter 1

I was never pretty to began with.

I only looked normal, just like everyone else.

And I am just living my life hoping for everything to go away as soon as I go to college.

" Alice." A small voice whispered.

"Alice wake up, please." He whispered again rocking my hand back and forth.

I open my eyes slowly, looking at my little brother beside me, pale.

"Mom and dad are fighting again." He looked at me with his eyes puffed up.

I sit up from my bed as I pat the spot in front of me.

Darren quickly got up while holding my arm tightly. I could feel his cold hands on my arm as I bring him to a hug.

I rub his back carefully, trying to soothe him. "It's going to be okay Dar. I'm here." I say as I pat his head softly.

Screams and harsh words were coming from the other side of our bedroom door as I cover Dar's ear while pushing the other ear to my chest, grabbing my headphones and my phone for him.

I placed the headphones on his ears as I play some songs so that he wouldn't be able to hear the screams or the glass bottles being thrown to the ground.

Slowly, the screams were replaced with silent sobs as Darren has fallen asleep with the headphones on. I remove the headphones as I carry him to his bed and tuck him in.

I look over to the clock on my side table as I start to get ready for school.

I put on my school uniform as I start to walk to school. The cooling breeze hits my face as I feel the goosebumps forming on my arms even when I am wearing a nice comfortable grey sweater.

Walking to school is great if only the most dreadful part would just disappear.

I open the school doors as I walk towards my locker, gripping onto my books. It seems that everyone is too busy chattering rather than tripping me or even pay attention to me.

That's what I thought until I was tripped and fell onto the floor with my books scattered all over as people step on them.

"Lisa was it? Oh whatever. Why can't you look at where you're walking?" Haden said with a huge smirk on his smug looking face. I let out a soft sigh as I mumbled a sorry and start to pick my books up from the floor.

I look over to my Science report that is scattered on the floor as I get up to pick it up but of course to my luck, it got stomped over by multiple girls or rather the population of the girls in this school.

I sigh again as I start picking up my papers one by one trying to avoid getting stepped on.

Screams and squeals were heard all through the hallways as I finally collected all of my papers and books. I start walking quickly to my locker with my head down as the bell rings.

Girls were running around as I was pushed, falling on my ass once again with my books and papers going all over the place. I mentally facepalm myself. This is so not my day but it never is my day ever here.

I got up again picking my books up as whispers starts to form as the screams and squeals dies down.

"Yours." A voice said as I take my book from his hands, hugging it closely to my chest.

"Thank you" I mumbled as I stuff my books into my locker. Gasps and whispers can be heard everywhere.

"Did you just see that?"

"Did he just did that?"

"That wench."

"What a slut."

"He is so kind! But why her?"

I grab my English books and hurried to my class, ignoring everything as people start to push my around making it harder for me to get to my class.

I finally make it in the nick of time. I hurried to my seat at the corner back. As usual, with no one sitting close to me.

I doodled on my empty paper as Mr. Shawn takes the attendance, raising my hand when my name is called.

"We're late!" A loud voice said, panting as the class gasps and awes. I don't look up as this has nothing to do with me.

The lesser that I am involved with in this school, the safer I'll ever be here.

"And 3 of you are?" Mr. Shawn asks sounding calm as usual.

"Caesar Wilson, Dylan Hall, and Gray Hayes." The loud voice says.

A few seconds later, soft thumps are heard as they walk to their seats.