Chapter 7

*still during lunch*

Brandon sighed and put his head down on the table.

Mat looked at him in concern. "What's wrong?" The others were too busy talking or writing(Vikk) to notice Brandon

Brandon turned to looks at Mat, his head still resting on the table and his arms wrapped around his head. "Just tired"

"Its gotta be something else, you look sad." Mat placed his hand on Brandon's back and rubbed it in comfort.

"What do you want me to say? Hi I'm depression, what's your name?"

Mat sighed, "alright alright, but seriously, you ok dude?"

Brandon looked away from Mat, then looked back at him. "I just- I wanna go to the dance but I dont wanna be that lonely ass kid on the bleachers."

Mat looked at Brandon in confusion. "I thought you didnt like dances and stuff."

"Well I do like them, because I get to eat food" Brandon chuckles

"Well, I could take you to the dance if you'd like" Mat smiled.

Brandon blushed. "W-what?"

"I mean- you dont have to go if you dont want to-" Mat was cutoff by Brandon

Brandon sat back up and smiled. "Ofcourse I wanna go!" He said, maybe a bit too loud. The others looked at Brandon in confusion and some other people who heard it stared and glared at him. Some people looked at their friends and started insulting him.

Embarrassed, Brandon's smile drops and he puts his green hood from his hoodie up and puts his head back down on the table, this time, hiding his face. He could hear the insults from the people near him(not the outcasts or populars).

"Ew, just seeing his smile makes me wanna barf"
"He's disgusting"
"You dont need to yell, fatass!"
"He's an obnoxious little shit"
"Shut the fuck up!"

Tears start to appear in his eyes. He tried to calm down but the insults kept the tears going, he didnt want to cry though, Mat was there right next to him. Although, as hard as he tried to stop crying, he ended up silently crying.

Mat saw the tears in Brandon's eyes.

Sorry I haven't been updating much, and I'm sorry this is short. Here's the word count.

374 words.