Chapter 1 Apocolypse part 2

I asked them what's wrong, and my wife said "honey look at the news" I flipped the channel to news 7 and what I saw blew my mind, the news lady said "government officials say that a near by nuclear power plant was responsible for completely destroying a near by town in North Dakota." "Oh my god Sarah, this is terrible!" "I know Blake, I mean what if it happened here?" "Now Sarah they are not going to bomb New York City." " you're right Blake," "Sarah everything is going to be ok.... "But how wrong I was, within the following week the killings became more and more frequent throughout the country. More and more people became suspicious but still everybody just brushed it off, until the president initiated all air lines and land borders must be shut down thinking that the killers were coming from other country's only then did people give a damn! But by then it was to late, thousands thousands of people were up eating each other each day and I knew it wasn't safe for my family so, 2 days later the president said that these people that were killing each other were infected by something and to not come in contact with them. That's the last thing I heard before my family and I walked out the door. Getting to our car however was the hard part, on our way there one of those things tried to attack my little girl, so I started beating it up and nothing seemed to happen. The thing tried to bite me and I wouldn't let that happen so I pushed him back, he tripped over himself and broke his neck that seemed to do the trick. Once we got in the car we drove out of the parking garage to find the streets full of those things trying to attack our car. With all the chaos the people panicking those things trying to get on our car we barely made it out of New York."