#1

Dylan's POV

I awake. Sweating all over my face and body. Another nightmare. Why does this keep happening to me? Can't they all just go away?!?. All you need to do is breathe Dylan, breathe. Don't think about him. Yes, you'll still see him in school but don't think of him.

You may be confused, my ex-boyfriend, JJ, he used to... actually that's for another time.

New school year. Great. Another year of torture, and that's not just off the teachers. At least I've got the best friends in the entire world. Even though, they're all boys. People think it's weird that I hang around boys but no offence here, but all the girls I know are pure bitches. They only care about looking perfect and getting the most popular boy to go out with them so they can lose their virginity before prom comes.

"DYLAN, JACK AND FELIX ARE HERE. HURRY UP YOU'LL BE LATE FOR SCHOOL." I hear my step-dad Arron shout up to me. He married my mum when me and my twin brother, Ethan were 2, he always been the dad that I wanted and well he is like my real dad anyway. I shout back "COMING". I come out off my room and knock on Ethan's door, telling him to get up and get ready. All I hear is a moan from his room. I wait 10 minutes and he finally comes out of his room with glares in his eyes. I just laugh it off and run downstairs.

"Finally, I thought you got lost up there. Here is your lunch and some money for later. Jack, Felix and the rest of the guys are going to take you out to dinner after school." Arron says. I smile and hug him. We've always had an good relationship. I never met my real father, but I was always told that he has abusive towards my mum and my elder siblings. They always say that I was so lucky to never have met him. I guess that they are right.

Me, Jack and Felix head outside and start walking to school. We walk for around 15 minutes talking about school, and how they were going to keep me safe this year from him. They are like the big brothers I've always wanted, not the ones that I got stuck with.

Maybe today was going to be a good day after all.