Chapter 08: Been Thinking Of You

Logan

I walk into Martha's apartment to find the place filled with people from college, alcohol and smoke. She had been insisting me for weeks to attend this party of her's but I kept turning her down.

But then, I made a deal with her that if she found out Beth's details, I'd make an appearance at this stupid party.

"Logan, you're here too, babe!" Kyla says as she walks closer and abruptly folds her arms around me, pressing her chest against mine a little too hard.

I frantically move my arms and get out of her grip.

"Aww, you're so shy." She continues.

Shy. Sure, let's go with that.

"Have you seen Martha?" I ask her.

"Why?" She asks in a rather harsh tone, "What happened?"

"It's her party. I just want to show her that I came and then get the fuck out of here."

"You can get the fuck out of here with me." She winks and I shudder at the thought of it.

"Have you seen her?"

Kyla rolls her eyes before responding, "She's in that room," she points "left."

"Cool. Thanks."

"Seeya babe." She kisses me on the cheek.

I sure hope not. And then, I walk away from Kyla and into the room.

When I enter the room, it takes me a minute to process what's going on here. On one side of the room, a group of students is playing beer pong, I see a couple vigorously making out beside them. On the other side, a round of spin the bottle is on, that's where I find Martha.

"Martha" I call out. She doesn't hear it. It's too loud here. I walk closer to the group and call out her name again, this time she listens and turns her head towards me. Her face breaks into a grin as soon as she recognizes me.

Girls.

She stands up and comes closer to me, "Logan," she entangles our arms, "you're here."

They're called eyes, Martha. Use them.

I don't answer. Instead, I get my arm out of hers. She gives me a frustrated look but then proceeds to say, "Come on, let's play a round of spin the bottle."

"It's not really my thing," I tell her.

"Well asking random girls their names and course details isn't my thing either." She mocks, "I did it for you, didn't I?"

"Fine," I sigh "One round."

She entangles our arms again and walks me towards the group she was sitting with minutes ago. I don't know a single one of these fuckers. I take a seat next to Martha.

"Who'll spin the bottle next?" A blonde asks.

"Me, my turn." Martha chirps.

She then spins the bottle and it stops at me.

Mind fucking blowing.