Deep Blue

As I descend under the crinkled silk of the ocean I watch the bubbles as they take the path I've come from and break on the surface.

Looking around I see nothing but beauty, the coral vibrantly colored teaming with life, it will never ceases to amaze me.

There isnt as much to explore these days as the corals are slowly dieing but I always take the chance to see the oceans while I can.

As I continue to explore the extraordinary experiences the ocean has to offer I am to busy to see clear plastic and I swim into and wraps its self into my mask and regulator.

In a panic I attempt to pry the deathly film of my face flailing around I scrap my knee on the rough surface of the coral, i can warm liquid floating around my legs in which send my panic  higher.

With my breathing and sight restricted I reach for my knife to cut the plastic my life support.

success!

I shove what I perceived to be a shopping bag into my pocket and check my air supply.

Its low... I need to surface Immediately! I inflate my BCD and make an emergency  acsent to the world I came from.

As i near the surface i watch the bubbles again as we race each other to the surface.

As I burst the fragile layer of water and air I inflate myself with the remaining air and drift with the small pull of the ocean to the boat.

Pulling my self aboard I undo my equipment and check my injury,
it's only a minor cut with a bandaid I'm all better.

I pull the death trap from my pocket and wonder if one bit of plastic can cause this distress on me imagine what and ocean full can do to the deep blue we take for granted.