That Saturday Morning..

That Saturday Morning:

Hayley wakes up one Saturday morning to the smell of freshly baked muffins and the sound of crisp, sizzly bacon on the frying pan. She gets up and puts on her fuzzy bunny slippers, then reaches for her phone. "9:00 am" her phone read. Her wallpaper was a photo of Caleb, with pink hearts all around the frame. She taps on the Instagram app. She scrolls through a couple of photos, posts on her story, then places her phone back on her bedside table. She stops and looks at a picture beside her, staring into her brother's beady eyes. She admires the picture for a long while, remembering all the good times, Until she is suddenly interrupted by the startling sound of Katie calling her to come eat.

"Good morning Hayley," Katie says, as she pops three waffles into the toaster, meanwhile Hayley reaches across the table for a muffin. "Good Morning" She mumbles as she shoves a blueberry muffin into her mouth. Annie walks into the kitchen, all dressed, wearing a mustard yellow sweatshirt, paired with some ripped jeans. "Morning Hay Hay," Annie says as she flops into a chair. "Morning" She replies, her mouth still stuffed with one of Katie's Blueberry Muffins. Annie reaches across the table to grab one herself and Katie places some crispy bacon on two plates for the both of them. Annie scrolls through her phone, and sends a snap to her friends. Hayley looks over. "Whatcha doin'?" She says nosily. "Nothing!" Annie rolls her eyes and replies as they finish up their breakfast.