𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚 𝙄𝙄

stella's pov

I ran down the hallway to my room at full speed, almost tripping multiple times. "SLOW DOWN!," yells Kendra as I pass her. Kendra is one of the scientists who live here, and she's been in charge of raising me for the past few years. I didn't respond to her warning and continued to head towards my room at full speed. 

I opened my door, dragged my body straight to my desk, and sat down in front of the computer. I quickly entered my password and opened messages. I clicked on Finn's contact and entered a code to get in.

CyberStella: FINN I HAVE SOME NEWS

Finnskataboi: is it good news?

CyberStella: YES ITS SO GOOD YOU AREN'T READY

Finnskataboi: They found a cure to osteogenesis imperfecta?

CyberStella: I'm gonna call u

I clicked the video camera button in the top right corner of the window on my computer. It rang for a few seconds before the screen said "connecting" and Finn's face popped up. He looked happy and ready for me to tell him what I had to say.

"Oh my god Finn I'm shaking," is all I could say.

"Just tell me Stella!," he said, anxious to hear what I had to say.

"Wait where are you?"

"Backstage at the Ellen show. I'm doing press for The Turning."

I always forget about the fact that he's a celebrity with a job. "Yeah, I forgot. Okay, so remember my surgery from last year?"

"Yeah. And how you still can't even leave your building."

"Well, some tests came back and they told me that my body is starting to work almost normally. So I'm going to be able to go to earth soon!

That came out wrong. Yeah, I had surgery last year, but it was a bone surgery that means my body can function in the earth's gravity. My excuse was pretty shitty, though. I don't even know why Finn still believes me.

He looked pretty confused by what I had just said. "To earth? You mean-"

I cut him off, "yeah, outside. Sorry I've just never really touched the ground before."

"Yeah, I get it. It's almost like you live on a whole other planet," Finn said

I sighed, "You could say that again. So maybe in about three or four months, we might be able to actually meet up. They think I'll be healthy enough by then. My parents don't know that we talk, so I'd probably sneak out or something."

Finn lost his words for a few seconds. "Holy shit. I'm so stoked Stella." He blanked again until he thought of something else to say. "I'm actually going to be in New York this summer doing interviews for season three, so I'm sure I can meet up with you in the city."

"That's so cool. I can't wait to see you and spend actual time together."

"Me too Stella. You're like my best friend and it's just been strange only ever seeing you through a screen."

I nodded in agreement, "yeah me too."

I heard a voice talking to Finn from off-camera, and he nodded at them. "Okay, I have to go on now, bye."

"Bye."

Finn smiled at the camera then hung up, which left me smiling in front of my computer screen. I was finally going to get to see earth, I was going to see Finn, and maybe I could even find my family.