Chapter 1

Each morning I wake up and ask the most important question you could ever be asked. "Is today a good day to die"? I haven't said yes but I'm so close to.
I walk into my school and get tripped twice. When I finally make it to my locker and someone slams my locker and my fingers get smashed and I hear a blood curdling crack. I quickly make my way into the classroom and head to the back row. I don't talk. Ever.
  I know how to but after the incident I don't. You know I used to be one of the popular kids. Now I'm the most bullied kid in my school. It sucks but that's my life. My fingers are throbbing and my head is on my desk. Mom has been coming home drunk lately.
She's only hit me like 7 or 8 times. I hope its not the new normal. She tells me its all my fault and that if it wasn't for me my dad would still be alive. I know its true so I don't scream out in pain when she hits me with a beer bottle. I don't scream out in pain when she hits me with the whip with metal spikes. I haven't said a word in 8 years. And it will stay like that until I die.
Which is hopefully soon. I hear a chair skirt across the ground then skirt back. Someone taps my shoulder and I whimper in pain. He gives me a confused look but I just lay my head back down. When the class is over I speed walk out of the class and make my way to my new class that I just transferred to today.
I walk in and sit down. Someone sits next to me and I realize its the same boy from the class before. I pull my knees up to my head and wait for the teacher to arrive. Sure enough 5 minutes later a man in his really early 20's he might even be are age walks in. Right away as if on cue all the girls start batting there eyes and puting there breast further out. I stay the way I am while he tells us are instrument. I play the piano since I already know how to play. We all have to play a song tomorrow and to be honest I'm scared. I used to play for my dad but I haven't played since.....The Incident.
The bell rings and the teacher called out "Rosalie can I see you for a second"
I wait for everyone to leave then I walk to the teachers desk. I give him a curious look and he tells me to come into his office. I nod my head and he closes the door behind him. He stares at me for a while then clears his throat. He says "So Rosalie how old are you"? I write on a piece of paper that I'm 17 years old. He tells me
that he is 20. I nod my head and we talk for a little bit. He says "now let me tell you why I called you in here".
I got a little worried and nodded my head once again.
"I saw your fingers get smashed in the hallway today".
I start to shake but not enough for anyone but me to notice.
"I also saw some bruises on your neck".
Noe I'm visibly shaking and I write on the paper "yeah someone accidentally bumped into my locker and I was practising makeup for Halloween and forgot that it was a 24 hour makeup kit".
He reads the note then says "but its November and your 17"?
I write down with my shaking hands "Never to early to start practicing and every Halloween we make a haunted house and hide in them to scare the kids".
He nodded at me and told me I could leave. Its already 2:50 so I start to walk home. "Maybe mom will be in a better mood today if i clean the house"?! I get home at 3:10 and start to clean the house. By the time I hear my moms car pull up the house is spotless and dinner is already cooked. My mom kind of sways unevenly and and opens the door. With sloppy words she says "get over here you worthless bitch". I walk over to her and she pulls a beer bottle out from behind her and throws it at my head. I turn around just before it hits my face and instead it hits the back of my head. She then starts to kick me where ever she can find. I don't cry or whimper. I just let it happen. I heard a knock on the door and my mom kicks me as hard as she could in my head. I see stars and the last thing I see is, that mysterious boy who sat by me in both my classes.