i- ONE

one

✵ 

T H E M Y S C I R A

A M A Z O N

U N K N O W N  T I M E

A S T R A

IT WAS COLD.

The air hit me hard, wind obstructing my curls that were somehow drenched in blood.

I felt an overwhelming peace where I hovered in the air, floating wildly as my thick locks surrounded my face.

Everything was surreal. Calm. Quiet.

Till I couldn't breath.

I was rather sinking, falling, each breath I made leaving me in every bubble.

Swim.

SWIM!

I pushed myself towards the light, my eyes open as I popped to the shore in deep coughs, hacking and coughing as hard as I can.

I floated, feeling drained as I looked around, relief hitting me like a crashing wave.

Land!

I frantically kicked, swimming and paddling towards the shore of the land, vast mountains and acres of land awaiting.

Land, stars of Orien- LAND!

I continued kicking, my throat burning, scorched like a desert, panting like some sort of canine craving for water.

Land.

I gave one last swim as I felt my body surrender to fatigue, my back stinging, my legs and arms quaking terribly, faint with exhaustion.

I'm alive.

Before I could even process the rest of my thoughts, my eyes shut, my body surrendering to the all-encompassing arms of darkness once more.

I WAS WALKING DOWN THE SHORE OF OUR ISLAND.

I wanted to receive some form of serenity, a chance to simply relax and to round the island in case of any sign of intruders.

I could feel the refreshing breeze from the waves Poseidon creates over the shore, each crashing towards the island rocks.

My kingdom, Themyscira was an island of tranquil that I must admit, I take for granted. It's a great gift from Hera that many dream of.

It's my home.

I continued walking down the shore till I was met by rather a peculiar figure.

Either my eyes are playing tricks on me

Or

That's a real girl!

"YOUNG GIRL!"

"...AWAKE?"

"WHAT...THINK AGATA.... DOESN'T...SHE'S AWAKE!"

"... WORTH...TRY ALYX!"

What was that?

I tried to get up but my body completely disregarded my command. It was as if I were stuck to some table.

I tried to at least open my eyes, at least to see where I was or what I was doing, nonetheless my eyes stayed shut.

"... Highness...Hippolyta... Diana..."

"Mother... a girl... shore... impossible"

"Telling ... Diana... did... found... breathing... unconscious..."

At that time, I could only hear the faint murmurs in the room from who I assumed was Hippolyta and Diana.

I wanted to suddenly burst into tears. For an odd reason, I felt so anguished, so fed up- I wanted to scream and cry and laugh-

I couldn't do anything, yet again!

I tried to stop my thoughts, trying to hold back my emotions as Father's words echoed in my mind distantly.

Save the emotions for another time.

Life is a battle with no time for weak distractions such as emotion.

I tried to imagine the darkness again. I wanted to be in solitude. I wanted the darkness.

I liked the dark.

Finally, I felt my mind go blank, giving up on fighting for strength.

So instead, I ended up falling back to sleep.

-

"Mother, this girl... you're sure you found her at the shore of the island? What if she's faking all this and plans to attack us?"

I paced around the room, slightly anxious on how mother, the guardian of Themyscira could let some random girl... into our island bestowed by the great Hera.

"But that's not all about her Diana. I felt a heavy presence from her- there was something indescribable about her, she's not some ordinary girl that crashed onto this island at a random day" Mother persisted.

I shook my head and sighed. "Mother, this girl- you can't just accept her here. Special or not, she is an intruder-

"Your Highness'"

We both turned around, met by Alix, the caretaker from the infirmary.

"The girl, she's awake." 

yes the chapter is short, im sorry :((

but another update is on the way. Thanks for the support so far, you're all amazing! 

bye lovelies 💕