How To Be Confident: Writing

ABOUT THE BOOK:

         Hi lovelies,

If you don't know me already, hello, I'm Hollie and I have created this movement because I feel that among the community here on Wattpad, we all have those days where we lack confidence in ourselves, in our writing and in planning, etc. So I am here to support, guide, and advise you on any dilemmas you have, any questions or thoughts you might be feeling at the time. 

This book will be filled with tips, tricks, FAQ'S, inspirational quotations and things that could possibly better your composition. I am no genius and some could say that I am not the most adequate candidate for the job, but I have been in this position before, I do have some experience and I want to help. 

Firstly, I want to address that a collection of writers here are beginners, young  perhaps unsure of whatever limitations or rules that have been given away in the writing world since the dawn of time. I also know that a majority of Wattpaders are also older, more experienced, but can sometimes struggle too. This is okay too. My main focus in mind is to a: help and to b: stop you worrying about reads. 

Let me tell you something. Reads are a pointless figure that is glued to your book. Reads are the stupidest thing everyone looks out for when they are looking to read a something on Wattpad. But this is so important, and it is something that everyone needs to understand. Reads do not define how good your book is.  I spend a lot of time in the undiscovered gems section of this site and I frequently vote, comment and add to my reading lists stories with little to no reads that already have a fantastic plot, likeable characters and a pace that is suitable for the reader. I could pop along to the What's Hot page and find utter rubbish. The comparison is huge, and the shadow that seems to be cast over [especially beginners] faces are that they need to get their story super popular with 55 million reads and an abundance of votes and comments. This is wrong, beginners shouldn't feel the need to be like everyone else. 

If you are not writing for you, you are doing something wrong. Writing should be a pleasurable activity where you can really sit down and engage with your characters without having to feel like you're just writing stuff that you genuinely don't like writing about to just get it "popular". Writing is all about typing/hand writing the words of your story, (a story that you love to write about) and this site is about sharing it. So if you can take anything away from this post, please learn this: writing is about loving what you write, and if you don't love what you're writing, you're writing it wrong. 

The next page(s) will consist with tips and tricks etc to make you feel more confident with your work. I want you to be able to write a chapter and smile or pat yourself on the back, (maybe even both) and tell yourself you are proud with this chapter, you are pleased with how it went. Then, smile wider because you've just stepped up the confidence ladder lovely.

             Hollie out! *salutes*