Chapter 4

"Can we let them in, Sir Lucas?" One of the servants asks Luke.

From the moment they became what they are -heartless and disgusting to some - Luke was appointed as leader. He was the one that made the important decisions, the rational one.

The Agamemon was prepared early this morning for the reaping. This is the only time they let humans into their home, they choose to live privately, enclosed. They don't talk to humans. They're food. That's it.

Luke nods his head. "Bring them. I'm an impatient man who is in need of a nap."

The large wooden doors open to the Agamemon and the brothers are seated on their throne chairs. Their robes are uncomfortable and they only wear them for the reapings.

"Think we'll have any jewels?" Ashton asks Luke.

"You never know." Luke smirks.

Girls stream in, hundreds from all the cities all over. We live in a secluded area away from human civilisation. A little island you may call it. Agamemon is our home.

The girls are placed in neat rows, each of them blindfolded so our location will not be exposed. Each of us get up and start walking through the ladies.

"Remove your blindfolds girls." Ashton instructs them cheekily.

He gets to choose a victim first. It takes him no longer than ten minutes before a girl with black hair and light brown eyes is chosen. He excuses himself from the rest and takes the girl away.

"Stop touching me!" Luke hears suddenly and snaps his head to the origin of the noise.

"Grow up." A brown haired girl snaps at the red headed girl.

"Excuse me?" The red headed girl remarks and the brown haired girl shoves her.

Redhead shoves back and brown haired girl falls to the ground in one swift movement. Calum snickers and so does Michael, Adam with the rest of the Chamber and Luke shoot them each glares. He can't stand a feisty girl, so immediately he's am put off by this odd behaviour.

Feisty means they want control.

Luke is the only one allowed to be in control.

"Now for the ceremony to officially start. Marcus will be walking and deciding who is impure. Those girls will be removed." Luke says and a few girls gets chosen and pushed out.

Calum chooses his blonde haired girl and Michael takes a goth.

They leave the room and just as all the impure girls leave the room, Luke's eyes spot something. A tattoo.

He squints his eyes to get a clear view before widening at the realization.

"Hey! Redhead!" Luke shouts to the feisty girl from earlier and everyone stops what they're doing.

That kind of tattoo, he has only seen once in his life and that was when he killed a member of the Frienier coven. She's a fucking hunter. That cheek she has coming here!

***

4 July 1992

"Brother!" Luke shouts as he stumbles through the doors of the Agameon

"Luke, have you been out drinking again?" Jason laughs as Luke walks past him and his nine other best friends

"Maybe a little." Luke laughs and they pat him on the back

"Go easy on her tonight yeah?" Victor gives Luke a concerned look which he snickers at.

Damn bitch tried to kill him. She's getting what she deserves.

Luke enters the torture chamber and finds the little dark skinned beauty hanging by her hands from the ceiling. Not a single thread of clothing laced upon her angel like body. If it wasn't for that fucking tattoo across her stomach, she'd be perfect.

"Are you ready to talk now, Pretty?" Luke remarks and she only spits at the ground in a reply. He takes one of the sharpened knives from the rack and walks over to her weak and bruised body. Her black hair falling over her face and her tan looking exquisite under the moonlight.

"Who. Sent. You?" Luke asks slowly

"I already told you!!" She cries her Italian accent heavy

"Not good enough! I want the truth!" Luke slaps her and she chokes back a sob, swinging by her hands, her feet giving in.

"My, my family, they sent me. Wanted me to kill you." She whispers and Luke lifts up her chin, forcing her to face him.

"All that trouble, for what?" I ask her

"I fell in love with you Luke." She sobs again.

"But I cannot displease my family, please understand that, if things were different..." She says and all he feels is hate, disbelief and anger. This is the girl he found on the street, begging for food, the girl whom he had fallen in love with. The girl he spent months keeping happy until she finally tried to kill him. She isn't who she says she is.

"What is your real name Clare?" Luke asks distastefully

"Anna- Maria Hastings."

***

"Redhead what's your name?" Luke asks and she turns around smugly.

"Hastings, Amelia Hastings." She mocks, bowing down to him. "What's yours?"

Jason laughs and Luke swallows a scowl. "Luke. Sir Lucas to you. Come here, Amelia."

She looks shocked, afraid now but she still complies and walks over to Luke. The entire group of girls still quiet as mice. She gets to Luke and she appears more composed. He walks a circle around her, gently taking her hair out of the way, exposing her tattoo and he give a sly smirk.

This will teach them. They should have known not to bring a Hastings back to the Agameon.

"I choose you." Luke says and her eyes widen.

"M- Me? But I'm-" She starts.

"Impure?" Luke laugh. "That's just a preference my dear, virgin blood is exquisite. But you seem like you can be more fun."

Luke doesn't miss the dark anger in her eyes before he grabs her arm.

"How good do you know your family history Miss Hastings?" Luke asks her and she looks at him with deep and utter hate

"Well enough Sir Lucas." She says with utter sarcasm, and by the tone of her voice, Luke knows that this is going to be a fun few days.