Tupelo

Marty Lacker:
Dr.Hunt must have misunderstood Vernon's accent when elvis was born. Which is understandable because when Vernon pronounced "Elvis," he always left out the "L." Not too long ago, Dr.Hunt's daughter found his physician's record. And he'd written down the name as " Evis Aaron." That's "Aaron" with two "As." I hope all these people who see "Aaron" on elvis gravestone and interpret it to mean he's not really dead- people such as Gail brewer- Giorgio  (author of is Elvis alive?) - will take note of that. It ended up "aron" on alot of things through the years, but "Aaron" was right. One day in late '66, I was talking to elvis about religion, and he brought up Aaron, I said, " that's something I've always wondered, Elvis.  How come you spell 'Aaron' with one 'A' when it's two 'A's' in the Bible?" Because elvis might have been named for Vernon's friend Aaron kennedy, but he always referred to it as a Hebrew name and how Aaron was the brother of moses. And he said, " well, back when I was growing up, alot of people around tupelo didn't spell it right." Elvis looked over to Vernon and said, " as a matter of fact, Daddy, from now on, I want my name written with two 'A's,' especially  on legal documents." That's why it has two 'A's' on the gravestone.