Medicine Takes the Pain Away but lets the Butterflies Stay

They let me out with a cast after checking me over and I head down to the cafeteria with crutches to the dinner table I sat at before. Joel and Lizzie sit really close to each other and I smile at the progress in their relationship. I sit next to Joey who gasps.

"Oh my god what are you doing here?! You should be sleeping!" I smile as I place my crutches aside.

"The sword didn't hit any of my nerves and they stitched me up and put it in a soft cast so I won't need to rest for too long because of the Delta teams heightened medical care, they say that it will only be a small scar by tomorrow morning and I will be able to fight again."

"Tomorrow you and Lizzie aren't actually on the battle field, you guys get to sleep in and do farming duty." Joel speaks up and I tilt my head in question.

"Farming duty?" Joey nods.

"Every clan has a farm where they can grow their food for the creatures in the app. It's not like that stuff just appears."

"When you work on the farm you get extra food privileges as well so you guys better start breeding now to feed your creatures tomorrow." Joel gives us the tip that gets me into action and I immediately try to breed my metal/ground snake with my fire/air horse. I get an egg that looks purple and has a spiky crown surrounding it. It's incubation time is 8 hours and my eyes widen.

"What is it?" Joey asks, looking at my watch.

"I haven't had one that lasts 8 hours before." A newcomer sits at our table with a hum.

"That's probably an elite then." The yellow dressed male says.

"Oh sorry, I'm Evan. There aren't anymore seats where my friends are and you all seem like a nice bunch." I smile and shake his hand, I notice that he wears a necklace with a pendant that looks like an owl. How unique.

"(Y/N) nice to meet you."

"Oh! You're the fire starter that poisoned that dickhead from the blue team right?"

"Jeez, is that what they are calling me now?" I sigh and look down in dismay.

"People have claims of seeing him fall to the ground in the dust of a flaming pony which happened to be you. It's good to create a heroic persona when you are already so young you know." He gestures to me with his fork like a wise grandfather. "I can tell you right now that people will be speaking of your tale for a long time."

"Thank you." I like this Evan person already, he really knows how to flatter a warrior. The bell chimes and our menus pop up.

"What is calamari?" I ask in confusion.

"It's of an acquired taste, I'm ordering it though because I love calamari." Joey explains I hum in thought and also see chicken strips and fries on the menu too. I elbow Joey to grasp his attention.

"Do you like chicken strips?" He nods with a smile, already knowing my plan. I wordlessly choose the chicken strips and hand him one as he places one ring of calamari on my place. We nod in thanks before I bite into the strange food. It's rubbery but I kind of enjoy it and my eyes obviously widen because Joey laughs.

"You like it?" I nod quickly.

"Wow, what exactly is it?" I ask, curious as I take another bite.

"Squid." My chewing freezes for a second.

"S-squid...?" He nods with a cheeky smile and I gaze back down to my plate again to gaze in dismay. I finish the calamari and sigh. "I don't know what to think about that anymore..." Joey laughs again and I raise my eyes to see Joel feed some food to Lizzie.

"GET IN THERE GIRL!" She chokes slightly and I clap, their faces turn bright red as they both smile at each other sheepishly. Well, before Lizzie raises her head with a cheeky smirk. She stands up and walks away, I watch as she walks over to the table where Jack sits. She whispers something into his ear and he glances over here. I take away my eyes as I hear 2 pairs of footsteps walk over. Someone, presumably Jack, sits on the other side of me. I turn to him and see him looking at me worried.

"Are you ok? I heard your leg was hurting." I was about to say no until I feel someone kick my leg harshly and I lean towards the table and hiss, my hand reaching down to massage it. His gaze turns to fear as he picks me up and takes me away quickly to the nurses office.

"Ah! Jack what are you doing?!" I wrap my arms around his neck in order to stay steady but his speed doesn't falter.

"Getting you pain killers! I don't want you suffering!" I sigh and let him pick up the prescripted medicine and he takes me back to the table and sets me down in my chair next to my crutches. He takes out a bottle of liquid which is green and disgusting. I watch as the thick substance pours onto a spoon and I see Lizzie laughing out the corner of my eye because of my face. He holds it in front of me and I hold my lips shut.

"Really (Y/N)? Stop being such a baby and open wide~!" I shake my head again and I watch as he puts the spoon in his mouth and takes the liquid.

"W-wait, what are you-" He forcefully puts the liquid into my mouth by kissing me and I swallow it all in surprise he pulls away after it's all gone.

"IT TASTES HORRIBLE!" I cry out, completely forgetting about the fact that he had kissed me as I grab a drink. He chuckles and says goodbye to us all and I sit there blushing myself a storm. Everyone starts saying how cute that was and it makes me shrink into a ball some more. Goddamnit Lizzie!