tenderloin

Sooyoung, for the first time in her life, found herself in a dilemma. She had a photoshoot in 30 minutes for her part-time job. Usually, she'd not hesitate to leave immediately since she liked the reasonable pay it offered. However, her mom offered her something far greater, for she was going to meet the love of her life once again (she was going to the butcher's).

"Honey, are you sure you want to go to the butcher's instead of your job?"

"It'll just be a jiffy," Sooyoung mumbles, a paper listed with meats needed was placed between her lips, "Have you seen my watch?"

Her mother points to the shelf behind her, which made Sooyoung turn instantly and snatched it from the place. She jogs to the entrance, slipping into her sneakers and opens the doorknob before hearing a faint shout as she closes the door.

"Get that cutie's number this time!"

Sooyoung faintly blushed but she didn't deny those words. She was dead set on getting Jiwoo's number so they can get to know each other better (romantically, perhaps if luck was on her side). But it would be just as great if they started off as friends. She learnt that it was never too good to rush into a relationship after all.

Sooyoung found herself in front of the butcher's shortly after. The butterflies in her stomach were back and her hands was incredibly sweaty. It was nerve-wracking but she really wants to meet Jiwoo again. She takes a deep breath in to compose herself and finally pushes the door open.

"Welcome to Chuu's Meat Platter- Ah! Sooyoung!" Jiwoo squeals in delight and Sooyoung thinks her heart did some extreme somersaults in her chest. The girl was so cute, everything about her was cute.

"Hey," Sooyoung smiled warmly, her cheeks tinted with red, "We meet again." She gets a small giggle in return from the butcher and she falls in love again. Seriously, Jiwoo was so damn loveable.

"I really missed seeing you ever since our last meeting!" Jiwoo took Sooyoung's hands into her warm, gentle ones.

Sooyoung was over the moon. It wasn't just her who dreaded the absence of each other during these past few days. As much as she wanted to continue chatting with the butcher, the watch on her wrist reminded her of work. She glances to the freezer, and back to Jiwoo's gaze.

"So, are you up for talking?" Jiwoo suddenly smirks (very) attractively, "Or cat got your tongue again?"

Ashamed, Sooyoung covered her red face with her hands and whined in response. "I was just d-drowsy that day!" Jiwoo complied with laughter, tilting her head backwards until Sooyoung's pout was wiped off her face and gradually joined in the laughter with the butcher with small giggles.

"I really want to stay longer but I have my part-time job in around 10 minutes..." Sooyoung trailed off, her eyes falling to the tenderloin on display. Jiwoo stopped smiling and a slight pout was replaced on her face.

"Ahh, I see. Almost forgot that you modelled." Jiwoo closes her eyes and recalls back to her conversation with Jungeun. Sooyoung suddenly froze. She never told Jiwoo about her job, did she?

"H-How'd you know about my job?"

Jiwoo flutters her eyes open and did not expect to see a panicked Sooyoung. Oops, was she not supposed to know?

"Uhh, a friend told me.."

"Oh."

Great. Sooyoung wanted her job to be kept secret from Jiwoo but it seemed word got around fast. Will this change anything between them now that she knows? Will Jiwoo start acting differently around her like the few people did to her in the past?