Jaimie's Light (boyxboy)

(Elliot's POV)

Plugging my ear buds into my ears, I locked the front door of my house and played 36 crazy fists so I could wake myself up a little. I rarely slept at all last night and I had video games to thank for that.

It sucks not having a car so I couldn't drive to school but luckily, it was a 10 minute walk. On the way, I ran into Sam like I always do everyday when I walk to school. I would've been irritated, however I've hung out with him since kindergarten. Despite him fitting the stereotypical jock appearance; well built, peach fuzz that was blond and a charismatic smile, he wasn't cocky at all. He was calm and collected but also knows how to joke around. He loved talking to people and would even associate with the emos, loners and nerds. He was the complete opposite of me.

When we started walking side by side, I pull out one of my ear bud as he automatically started scolding me. Should've seen that one coming...

"Elliot!"

He called me by my full name. Not good.

"What did I say about staying up all night playing video games?"

"Hello to you too. And I slept." I told him as a yawned. Good timing.

Sam shook his head. "You seriously need to take care of your self. Not only are you not getting enough sleep, but you always eat take out or boxed food. And don't say your parents don't make you food because I've been your house countless of times, and your dad cooks homemade food all the time."

"Sam, I thought you were my brother, not mom number two."

Sam had a habit to worry about everyone and always give them advice but I guess that was because I've known him the longest, he was a bit more strict with me.

"Sorry, El, I know I worry and nag too much, especially since-"

"Well, everything's fine now." I cut him off and for the first time a while, we were both completely silent while we walked to school together.

---

We finally got to school, fairly early too, and we walked to the second floor to go to Sam's locker. I would go to my own locker but I didn't have one. Well I did but I was too lazy to keep it occupied so the principal gave it to someone else.

"Hey, Hughes!!" A guy called out to Sam, walking towards him with his group. They all started talking to him and I walked away. Sam was in three of my classes so I had plenty of chances to talk to him again.

But...

I looked over my shoulder and saw Sam laughing and talking to them.

There was something I didn't understand. Why did Sam kept hanging out with me? When we were kids, it was very understandable since we had practically everything in common but we both changed so much to the point we didn't have almost nothing in common anymore. Plus i knew i wasn't exactly the most pleasant person to be with.Did he hang out with me out of pure habit?

All of a sudden, I saw Riley chatting with Michelle as she took stuff out of her locker. Riley was the typical comic relief best friend that everyone seemed to have but his jokes were plain lame.I have only known him since 8th grade.

As I walked closer, I listened to their conversation.

"So, Michelle, mind giving me back what you've stolen from me?''

" I didn't steal anything from you, Riley." She said flatly.

"Yes you did and it was apart of me."

"Was it your dignity?"

"Close but not quite." He said cheerfully, still smiling.

"Your brain?"