Chapter Eighteen

*Editing*            

        “Another nightmare, just another nightmare,” Angel whispered to herself as she woke up.

        It was 2:58am and the occurrence of the on going nightmare had woken Angel up from her slumber, the worst rest she had ever had. She barely slept, the thought of what would happen today kept her awake. Even if she would sing the lullaby her mother taught her when she was four. A lullaby like no other, it was in a different language, Latin apparently, but being at such a young age and listening to this song it was so easy for Angel to learn it, and she did. Angel could not really understand the words, or even recall them; it was only sometimes that she would remember.

        As if someone was helping her remember and sing it. She sighed, and rubbed her now puffy eyes for the tenth time. She turned around and wiped her face with the new cloth that she placed on her dresser, and took a sip of water. This dream was seriously irritating her, but she could not stop it. She closed her eyes and tried to remember good memories, like the time she went to the carnival with her parents, or when her mother used to sing her lullabies and tell her old tales. But, that time was gone, only memories remained.

        Memories are better than nothing. She thought deeply of everything that made her smile, anything and she was put into a deep sleep.

***************************************************************************************************************

“Seven in the morning and I am wide awake!” Angel yelled as she jumped up from her bed. Angel got up and made her bed; making sure to put her blanket on top of the pillows.

        She opened her closet to reveal the outfit she would wear today. She placed the outfit that was still in its packaging on her now fixed bed. She got a towel from her drawer, and entered the washroom.

        She brushed her teeth and made her way into the shower. She entered the shower, and stood there as the hot water hit the surface of her skin. She let it hit her body, as she stood there and let the water wash everything away.

         When she finally finished washing her body and her hair, she got out. She used the towel she got to dry her body, and placed her hair into a new fresh towel. She entered her bedroom, and opened the packaging of her new outfit. It was a marvelous new faded purple suit. She took off her towel, and put the suit on. She made sure there were no wrinkles on it, and decided to work on her hair.

         She blow dried her hair, and put it into a perfect bun, allowing some strands of hair to lay loose on her head. She put on a bit of makeup, but not too dramatic, since this was professional. Once everything was done, she closed her bedroom lights, and made her way to the dining room. She smelt the delicious smell of eggs, with pancakes.

        Angel took a seat opposite to her fathers, and looked down at her full plate of food. She quickly ate her food in big bites, and as soon as she finished, she looked up at her father who still has not begun eating, but was laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Angel asked confused, while covering her mouth as she bit down into her last bite of food.

“Nothing, just laughing,” her father said as he looked down at his food, and ate slowly and in small bites rather than Angel did. Angel glared at him, and he finally spoke up.

“Just the way you were eating, as if the food was going to run away from your plate,” her father stated, and took another bite.

“Well, you never know, it may have.” Angel said as she washed up her plate, and returned to her father.