Alfie

"Hello everyone, my name's Zoe Sugg, and I just wanted to talk to you guys for a bit." 

Zoe looked gorgeous sitting there on those pillows on the floor. She looked so strong and so brave. I knew that I was the one who was going through all the illness and pills and everything, but I also knew that it was just as scary and taxing for Zoe, and not just Zoe, but my other friends and family as well. 

"My husband, Alfie, has dilated cardiomyopathy, and we were both planning on making our first Youtube video when we had to rush him to the hospital where we got the diagnosis. It's a terminal illness that causes the blood in his heart to have a hard time circulating through the body." This was where Zoe had a small breakdown. 

"I'm sorry, it's just really -- hard," she said in a choked tone. "It's been a week and I still wanted to make our first Youtube video, so he said I should. I'm the only one you're seeing on the screen right now, but this isn't just my video, its both of ours. So welcome to our channel I guess?" she said with a heavy laugh mixed together with a sob. "Thanks for watching," she said quickly, already breaking down again as she turned the camera off. 

"Can you upload it? We don't have to do any editing," she said handing me the camera. Before I could ask her how she feeling, she ran off to the bedroom. I sighed as I plugged in the camera to the laptop, this was the least I could do for her. 

I uploaded the video to the computer, and then navigated to our Youtube channel, Zalfie. Zoe had spent ages putting it all together and it looked really nice. There were people we liked on the side and a cute picture of us. This was Zoe's dream, and my illness had just gotten in the way. I knew it wasn't my fault, and I couldn't help it, but I couldn't help but be upset about the whole thing. 

The video took ages to post to our channel. Once it was up I called Zoe's name to see if she wanted to watch it or anything, but she either didn't hear me or just didn't want to come out of the room. 

I picked up my pill box from the table and swallowed down the medicine. This was my life now, whether I liked it or not. Medicine and sadness. At least I had Zoe to survive it with. 

xxx