❁50❁

he walked through the emergency department, where he saw how busy it was despite being 2.03 am currently. he saw some people desperately pleading every staff who passes by for their loved ones to be treated, while some held onto their loved ones tightly and closely, as they waited patiently till their turn came. he shot them a pitiful look through the lenses of his glasses before he stepped into the elevator.

6th floor, and he walked out, as his feet brought him to the last ward on his far right. he gave a small nod and smile to the security guard who gladly did the same, before he went into the ward with a heavy heart.

he grabbed a chair nearby, placing it beside the bed before taking a sit. his warm hands automatically held her cold ones, as he stared at her quietly. she still looked the same with her brown locks, slight golden skin, petite body and everything, except that she had gotten skinner, paler, overall looking a lot 'unhealthier', which made his heart clenched tightly, in an unpleasant way.

but nevertheless, he was still holding onto that tiny speck of hope. he was still wishing upon every shooting stars he sees, every candles he blows and every well he tosses his coin into, that he could endure it all and never let that tiny speck of hope slip off, because he wanted to believe that that one day he is waiting for, will come eventually.

he believed that one day, he will be able to see her smile so widely to him again, where her sparkling eyes would turn into little crescent moons, her soft cheeks moving upwards, and her adorable smile that showcases her small teeth.

then, he realised that he had shedded a tear. he doesn't wipe it, he allows it to roll off itself, he didn't want to let go of her hands, regardless of how cold it was. "p-please wake up." he whimpered.

his words worked like magic, the next moment he felt her small fingers flicker against his palm and her eyes slowly opened, blinking multiple times. "oh my fucking god." he said, as his lips twitched slightly. he got out of his seat, nearly tripped, before he called for the doctors via the telephone located beside the door, and it didn't take long before two of them came rushing into the ward.

he sat on the sofa, as he watched in disbelief of the doctors performing various tests on yerim who seemed to be in a slight daze. he was in utter surprise still, he couldn't believe his sight that yerim, after one year over, was awake right now and communicating fine.

"congratulations. from the tests, we can declare that she is now awake and very much fine. so, she wouldn't have to stay in the hospital for long, maybe just a few more days for more tests to be done." the doctors smiled at him warmly, seemed to genuinely happy for him before they took their leave, leaving the couple some privacy and time. of course, after jungkook muttered a soft "thank you."

he walked towards the bed before settling down on the side of her bed. "jungkook." she spoke, with her voice still a little hoarse. "yerim." he stuttered a little but the grin on his face never left. her smile widens, before she opens her arms to him. he doesn't hesitate, and pulled her gently into an embrace, where his chin rested on her shoulder and his big hands wrapped around her waist. he held her so gently, afraid to hurt her since she had just woken up just a few minutes ago.

they stayed in their position in an amicable silence, before yerim felt warm tears on her shoulder. "jungkook." she whispered as she patted his back softly. "i-i'm just so fucking happy that you are awake right now and back in my embrace. i was so afraid that you would never wake up." he says, as he buries his nose deeper in the crook of her neck, inhaling her sweet scent he had missed terribly, which tickled her skin a little.

she cupped her hands on his cheeks, wiping his tears away with her thumbs, then presses soft delicate kisses on both of his eyelids before smiling lovingly at him, "it doesn't matter now, because i'm back and i'm not planning to leave you again."