encounter

I know he's here, I have to see him even though for only split seconds.

I'm waiting at the backdoor. My cousin, who was one one of the staff from the event said he'd be here, he would come out from here, and I'm clinging to that one piece of unclear information, I have to see him.

An hour or so has passed in the cold breeze of december, no sign of him yet. But at times like this, the ego needs to take over and be stubborn.

Just wait a little more.

I was just scrolling through my phone when the door opened, revealing some people with black attires. Some more people with familiar faces came out. My body went on full alert, my heart is racing and in an instant I stood up and walked closer to the door.

And then I finally saw him, walking in a slow pace, eyes seeing straight into the distance, with that stupid platinum blond hair, that stupid face, that stupid person, whom once I've loved.

Without my brain processing the surroundings, my lips made a voice.

"Chris-" 

The world seems to stop. It feels like someone pressed on my chest so hard I couldn't breathe.

He looks at my direction and stopped walking. 

He's wearing that particular black hoodie, with my name's initial written in the small area on the chest.

Thoughts are running in my head, I want to scream at him, hit him, run into his arms, everything melting into one uncertain muddle of feelings. 

But all I could say is

"Why-?"