Part 1

Being only 17, and dealing with depression since the age of 13, Mia thought there was no way she would ever be happy, but she had no idea what was coming her way.

Follow Mia on her journey through betrayal, heartache, and love as she falls for the unique boy across the street, soon letting the terrible memories of her past disappear.

-1-

Staring at herself in the mirror, picking out every flaw, squeezing her fat, Mia slowly dropped to the ground, as she felt a tear roll down her cheek. She would never be good enough, she knew that for sure. She thought about that dark eyed boy who broke her heart, the boy who used her for sex, and the boy who left her alone, begging and pleading for somebody to save her. She looked at her wrist, seeing cuts and burns.

"Not now," she told herself. "resist the urge."

She slowly lifted herself up off the ground right before her mother called for dinner. Mia dragged her feet down the steps, wiped her eyes, and found herself at the kitchen table.

She looked down at her food, the greasy chicken and buttery mashed potatoes. "I am really not hungry." she lied, and her mother gave her a sorrow look.

"Don't lie to me. Have a bite." she pushed the plate towards her.

Ever since Mia was 9, it's been just her and her mother living in small town, Wisconsin. Mia's parents never had a child before, or after her birth. When she was 7, was when her life began to go downhill. Her dad would abuse her, both verbally and physically. She always blamed herself for it though, always has and always will. After 2 years of bruises, broken bones and scars, Mia finally said goodbye to the man she ashamley called her father. She's now 17, and just finished her sophomore year. But not only did she finish her 11th grade year in highschool, she also finished off a week in a child rehab center, after being diagnosed with anxiety, bulimia, anorexia, and most of all, depression. Although all of those things are normal things that many people go through, Mia will never let herself accept the fact that, she has officially been diagnosed with them all.

"Mia," her mom, Theresa sighed. "you got a D- in math."

She shrugged. "I know that."

Theresa shook her head at her daughter, "and did you take your pill?"

"Yeah, mom." Mia lied. She never takes her pill. The pills that she was suppose to be taking for the last month are all laying in her garbage can, along with the pictures of her and the boy who broke her. He may have used her, cheated on her, lied to her, and destroyed her more than she already was destroyed, but she will never forget the boy who was her first.

"Looks like the new neighbors are here" Theresa interrupted her thoughts.

Mia peaked out the window, seeing a tall guy with a short woman by his side. They looked to be about 40, and the woman was holding a baby in her right arm, with a boy who looked to be about 13 clung at her left arm. She sighed as she watched the new neighbors unload, all smiles and laughs. Mia was never one to like kids too much, and there's already enough in the neighborhood.

She was just about to close the blinds until she saw another boy walk up, he had a hat on, with blue jeans and a t-shirt. He looked close to Mia's age, although she couldn't see much of him considering his back was mostly towards her, and his hat almost completely covered his hair.

Mia groaned. Not only was she sick of kids, her mom, and her stupid life, but she was also sick of guys.