His head hurt. It hurt too much. The nerve endings on his brain seemed to be organized just to flair up over literally anything and everything, he couldn't do anything about it. The evident lack of activity in pretty much every space of his digestive and circulatory system made it so.

Any medicine he'd try to take wouldn't work. It wouldn't help. Because no matter which angle he tried to look and his situation, no matter how positive the people around him seemed, no matter how much he wished things weren't the way they were, he couldn't do anything about it, his legs wouldn't grow the necessary energy to put him somewhere else out of thin air, which meant they'd continue to not work.

He wasn't going to get better.

Hopeless, helpless and over everything else, restless.

Damien layed on his bed in eternal agony; sounds dramatic, but if you have no other option than to stay in your bed, alone, with pretty much nothing but your thoughts it becomes more of a reality than something you wish weren't the drama scene that Damien felt it to be.

All things aside, he couldn't tell why he didn't just properly end it either. He had tried to kill himself several times, and when he finally succeeded, the dark blue body of water just spat him right out, even the sea rejected him. Not even the salty water of a pacific ocean would be enough to swallow his entire being and allow him to rest in peace, no force of the universe would allow him to die.

Well, sort of.

Damien didn't just wake up by accident, his limbs full of lacerations, his bones brittle and broken, his eye socket shattered in a million piece and whatever was left of its contents converted into fish pellets; he was brought back, as a matter of fact, by his step mother. Most might see this as an act of kindness; "the goddess smiled upon you and gave you a second chance to live again!". Damien snickered at the thought.

His stepmother was nowhere near a goddess, let alone an angel or someone of good will. She was a succubus, a dreadful one if you ask Damiens father when she's not around. She always seemed higher than everyone else; but for good reason, she really was over everyone and everything else on her kingdom. And sadly enough, that included his adopted bastard of a son, or stepson Damien Lavandel.

So before we go too deep into how he feels now, we should know why he does. But there isn't really a better place to start them the actual beginning of the story, hearsay, the place where Damien was born.

---------------------------------------------

Placed in the depths of a Germania, along a river and all the way to the ocean was a city, well. A city laying beneath the river if you will.

Beneath the earth's surface, beyond any reachable light, layed a kingdom.

One with a population consisting of mainly incubus, all of them with various horn shapes, different skin tones, different believes; but all shared one line of royalty that commanded over them. Unlike humans, this one cared for its people, bringing offerings of human slaves to each family, for them to feed on their lust as they deemed so necessary.

Wesan, a young prince, was the one next in line to take over the future of the land, and as such, an arranged marriage would be inevitable.

He was young, a free soul with no real objective in life beside enjoying whatever freedom he had left before his responsabilities took over the fun of being who he truly was. He enjoyed walking amongst humans; just because he enjoyed it, in no way did it mean it was deemed an 'OK thing to do' amongst those of his kind, specially given his status. He wasn't to feed on the lust of commoners, but only of the best and most selected humans and mixed demons amongst the bunch working in the castle, if working is at all what you could call it.