Chapter 3

I let out a low whistle as we walk up the driveway. Bubba's place is a large two-story plantation style house. It's a good distance from the street and is set on what looks to be a fair amount of land based on the spralling, green grass. Really, it's the kinda place that doesn't need much help looking creepy. That hasn't stopped him from adding some spooky decorations, though.

I'm pretty impressed. He must've spent a shit ton of money at the Halloween store. Tombstones litter the front lawn and a fog machine creates an eerie vibe. I also see Jack O' Lanterns lining the walkway leading up to the door. Lights hang off the second story balcony, casting a menacing glow over the front porch.

Everywhere I look, there's people. Gathering in groups on the lawn, walking towards the house from their cars and standing on the porch sipping drinks out of red solo cups.

From what I can tell, nearly everybody's wearing a costume. I see a Power ranger, a witch and a sexy....is that a slice of pizza? I laugh out loud. I'm too far away to tell but I'm pretty sure a girl over there is dressed as a slice of pizza. That's just ridiculous. Surprisingly enough, no one's acting out of control. But give it time, the night's still young.

I take a deep breath and try not to freak out. This's exactly why I hate parties. Too many bodies in one place. Did I mention I'm also claustrophobic? Yeah, I have a lot going for me. I turn to say something to Tara but she's nowhere to be found. We've literally been here for two minutes and my cousin has already ditched me. I pinch the bridge of my nose in frustration. I'm half tempted to just head back to the car and leave her sorry ass here.

Deciding I'm not that mean, i blow out a sigh and head towards the front door. I might as well check out the snacks and get something to drink since I'm stuck here anyway. I weave my way through the crowd, walking up the front steps and inside. A dance party's going on in the living room and more people are standing around in small groups. Strange enough, I feel a heavy weight on me when I enter. Weird, considering the fact there's less people inside than outside.

Wandering by everyone, I finally find myself in the kitchen. There's a pretty sweet spread set up on the island. Pretty much every kind of party food imaginable is laid out in front of me. Chips, guac, mini sliders, pizza.... my stomach's growling at the sight. I grab a plate and start loading it up, maybe this night's not going to be so bad after all.

*** 

Oh no, what's going to happen at this party? Two new chapters tomorrow!