02

Harry's Perspective

I get closer to her face and the knife is almost close to the skin of her neck. I'm only doing this to assert dominance and to make her nervous. Obviously I'd never kill a liable escape route, besides she might be fun to keep around.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door and my eyes widen, that's when Chris speaks up.

"That's the police." She says and I'm not sure if I should believe her or not. My suspicions are confirmed when there's a second knock and a voice.

"Police department, open up." There's more knocking. I curse under my breath and start pacing. What do I do?

"Answer the fûcking door!" I whisper to her and stand behind where the door would open and cover me completely.

"Okay, okay" She says in a sassy tone, she'll know not to speak to me like that later and I'll make sure of it. My palms start sweating with the knowledge that Chris could easily give me up right this moment.

"Hello Miss-" Two officers stand waiting outside Chris' door says and one of them starts to address her.

"Heatherfield." She answers and waits patiently for what they'll say next.

"Are you aware of the events of this evening, Miss Heatherfield?" They ask and I very gently place the tip of my blade at her spine, making sure she knows what's at stake.

"Yeah, pretty aware from the megaphone outside in the parking lot." She says letting out a nervous chuckle.

"Okay, well you take it easy, Miss. And if you notice anything out of the ordinary, don't hesitate to holler at us." The officer says before giving her a small wave and moving onto the next apartment. She closes the door hastily and turns around. I didn't realize how close I was to her, the heat radiating off her body like the sun.

"Good girl. Now I'm gonna need a place to stay for tonight." I say and back away from her. She looks puzzled for whatever reason, but I'm just as suspicious of her as she is of me. How the hell did she know my name, and how did she know the police were going to show up? None of it made any sense.

"You can stay here, but after one night you have to leave. I have studies and this is real life... not some book, okay?" She says with confidence and I stop in my tracks.

"Some book?" I ask and let out a chuckle. "What a ridiculous thing to say."

"If only you knew, you wouldn't be laughing." She says under her breath.

I take a few steps closer to her and her eyes shoot up at me.

"What is that supposed to mean, what are you hiding from me, Chris?" I start out shouting, but midway lower my voice realizing there is police patrolling.

"Nothing, okay. You can shower and use the hydrogen peroxide in the cupboard for your clothing. I'll be in the room not moving a muscle." She says and I chuckle. What a peculiar way of saying exactly what I am thinking. Maybe this girl is just as crazy as I am. 

"Good girl." I say and watch her turn around quickly to head to the room. "You've got some explaining to do tomorrow." I say as she closes the bedroom door. How do I always get myself into situations like this?

I head to the bathroom and undress, making sure to fill the sink with warm water and adding peroxide to get the blood out of the only pair of clothing I own right now. It would look very suspicious to leave with blood splatters, especially since the police are sticking around until they find the killer, which aka is me. 

I take a quick glance at my scar adorned chest in the mirror and shake my head, turning to the shower and turning it on. I don't really check the temperature because it does not really matter to me. All this girl has in the shower is vanilla and coconut scented everything. I am going to come out of this shower smelling like a damn Victoria's Secret shop. 

I quickly wash up, scrubbing any dried blood from my skin and step out of the shower, putting on my boxers which is pretty disgusting since I had already worn them for a day and murdered in them. If Chris had a social life, then maybe she would have actually had some extra boxers that were left behind or something.

I return to the room to see her cuddled up in her blankets and staring at the ceiling. It would be cute if I wasn't suspicious of her and how she knows who I am. Maybe shes undercover. Maybe she's working for- no, that's not possible. I am just paranoid. 

"Now I'm going to get in you- into bed with you." I say stuttering and push the dirty thoughts out of my head. It's not like I can perform anyways. 

I crawl into bed next to her and face her, attempting to assert dominance and let her know that I'll know if she tries anything tonight. 

"Goodnight." She says with haste and turns to face the other way, I smirk knowing my plan worked. I watch as it takes about fifteen minutes for her to fall into a deep sleep. It must be nice to sleep so easily. I have much to think about tonight. 

Am I a bad person, I would like to think that I am not, everything I do is with intention. I am a villain with a reason, but people would not care for my story. They would just see the crime committed and look past it all. I don't exactly expect people to feel pity on me, but if only I could explain myself, I think they might understand even as morbid as the acts may be. 

I don't intend to kill Chris, besides, I need answers as to why she knows who I am and who she works for. She is a loser college student that very well could use a shower as well, but she even knew that punching me would not cause pain. This makes my blood boil thinking that she has this advantage over me and I know nothing of her. Maybe I should snoop around and dig out some dirty secrets. 

I am very tired from the day though, and maybe she is innocent after all. 

Tomorrow I will find out why she knows what she knows. I am not letting her go.