Chapter One

Anyway, here’s my first story! Sorry if it’s bad or anything. Feel free to comment and/or add critique. I’d prefer nothing to harsh, but I’d still appreciate it :)

***********

Chapter One

There I stood, like something from a fantasy. Sure most of you would consider me a fantasy, but that’s not the point. My white figure was very distinctive on top of the long, thin, light brown mountain.

The hippogriffs were always chasing me. I suppose they didn’t like griffons much. That; or I was always invading their territory.

I stretched my magnificent wings and lifted into the sky when I saw a winged figure rapidly coming in my direction. Not another one, I thought to myself, rolling my eyes. I moved away from the approaching hippogriff, air gliding smoothly over my body.

I flapped my wings a couple of times and used the thermals to lift me higher into the blue sky. The hippogriff sped up.

What’s this? He has friends?

Two other hippogriffs appeared either side of me, humans riding on their backs. Quan (filth)! I snarled in my mind, glaring at the humans.

The grey hippogriff to my right suddenly slowed down, whilst the brown one to my left sped up and turned quickly, cutting me off. “Kinka ona hu friedish?!” I screamed, but to all animals that didn’t know the language of griffons would’ve just heard me screeching. I really said “What are you doing?!”

“Li Greli uta ta hee hu! (the Council wants to see you!),” the brown half-horse, half-bird ordered.

“Da, li quans vut tsudern hund! (well, the filth can forget it!),” I growled, shooting upwards, out of the reach of the hippogriffs. I swiftly flew away from the scene, one thought entering my mind.

I just disgraced the Council; does that make me a criminal?