10 ➶ THE FORBIDDEN LOVE

CHAPTER 10 THE FORBIDDEN LOVE

--

-❋-        

--

MICHAEL LANGDON REACHED OUT TO HIS FATHER. The man surrounded himself with candles, enclosing himself inside a pentagram. He seeked guidance once again, and for the first time, he asked a favor from the Dark Lord.

"Guide me and transform this girl into my own image." He had a selfish request. He knew he couldn't have the sweet angel, and that's what made him want her more. The bloodied man knew his father would disapprove of the naïve woman he saved from death.

He felt the presence of the Dark Lord. He knew he disapproved once again. Before he could explain himself, his father was gone. He sighed and dropped to the floor. There was something about the girl he didn't know. He thought that there would be no reason for his father to disapprove if it wasn't for something important.

"But she'll never hinder me from our plan though." He reasoned out even if he knew their conversation was over. He knew to himself that Cara Longwood, or anyone else in fact, would never be able to kill him. It was impossible that she was aware of his true nature.

All he asked was for her to be an exception for the creation of the New World. It seemed to be like a modern-day case of forbidden love.

❋❋❋

"Mother. If Adam didn't take a bite of the apple, would there still be sin now?" The young Cara Longwood asked her mother. "There wouldn't be sins. But sadly, he succumbed to temptation. Temptation only leads to bad things you'll regret."

❋❋❋

CARA LONGWOOD

"Oh no." I woke up feeling cold, only to notice that I was naked. I buried my face in my hands, remembering what happened last night. I looked around my surroundings to notice that I was in Michael's office.

I changed as fast as possible, not bothering to check where he was. I ran upstairs to my own room, with my bed still messy. I recounted the last moment I was in here. Miss Mead was watching me when Zoe walked in and made her unconscious the last time I was in here.

Suddenly all the new confusing events flashed in my brain. I lied face down on my bed, not knowing what to do anymore. Witches and warlocks were real, I had sex for the first time— and with a man I barely knew, I was one of the remaining survivors of the entire planet, it was too much.