Chapter 14

Two months passed. Ezra was trying not to think about Emma since she quit but at the same time, he was also happy that he will see her face for the last time before she move her things out of the office completely. He was shattered; he was heartbroken even though he knew there was nothing special between them.

Two months ago he had also planned on asking her out before he heard that Zoe was not his daughter.

"Hello Sir," Emmaline said as she walked into Mr. Queen's office. "I'm about to take my leave sir," She noticed he wasn't responding so she walked to the door but he stopped her with a crack in his voice.

"M...iss Facer?" he called as she turned around to look at his face for the last time... Emma noticed the pain in his voice... She noticed she had hurt him and won't forgive herself for what she did... "Thank you for everything you've done for the company. You will receive an alert of 60,000,000$"

"What for sir?" she asked with her face on the ground.

"Your payment you deserve that much," He said as he sat down.

"Thank you, sir... I will spend it wisely." She took a bow as she close the door behind her.

This isn't right. He can't watch the woman he loves go like that. He stood up to pursue her but she was gone... No sight of her anywhere. He went back to his office and sat down drinking the leftover liquor he had on the table.

Suddenly, he wanted nothing more than to be at home. Now he knows he will be stuck with Heather all his life in three weeks. He wanted to council the wedding before then by bringing Emmaline home to meet his family and introducing her as his woman and the one he was gonna marry but too bad she ruined so many hopes and dreams he had. The vision of themselves, many years down the road, surrounded by their children and grandchildren

Phoebe saw Emma holding a box as she stepped down from the car. She was pale and was struggling with the heavy box in her hand.

"What's all this?" Said a familiar voice Emma turned around as she saw Phoebe

"Hey Girl, What are you doing here?" Emma asked.

"I wanted to come to see you... What's all this you are carrying?" Phoebe added.

"Guess what's in it?"

"Champagne? Oh my God...How much champagne is in there? It looks heavy damn."

"Of course it's heavy... By the way, it's not Champagne... I resigned." She said with a smile.

"What? How could you? It was a great job, Emma."

"I know but I can't face Ezra it hurt seeing him after what I did."

"What you did? What did you do that made you resign from a great job?" Phoebe was confused.

"I told Ezra everything....about Zoe and me," Emma said as she drops the box.

"Why did you do that?"

"I couldn't lie to him Phoebe__ He wanted to introduce me to his family."

"And you blew it? That's a great thing... You shouldn't have said anything Line...Emmaline you just made the biggest mistake of your life... Ezra is very rare... You can't find anyone like him anywhere." She shouted.

"I had to phoebes. The burden was way too much for me to carry." Emma cried out.

"I'm sorry Hun, it's my fault... I shouldn't have told you to lie." Phoebe hugged her.

"You did something a friend would do to her friend."

"You think?" she asked as she released Emma.

Emma laughed "Of course, with the lie, I got to be with the man I love... That shit moment we had together was the best thing. The same man I gave my virginity to. I got to be with my hot boss."

Phoebe smiled... "I'm glad you are okay..."

"Can we just go inside? I need a drink right now."

"Yeah," Said Phoebe "Maybe."

Ezra got home around 11:45 pm drunk as his mom approached him with a cup of chocolate. He rejected it as he left for his room. His mom noticed something was wrong with him since yesterday so she decided to check on him before she went to bed.

"What made my baby come home drunk tonight?"

"Mom, I just wanna have alone time," he replied.

"is it Emma?"

"Can you not say her name for one second? Please?"

"Okay, okay, I will go" she turned to leave as he added...

"I'm going to Canada next tomorrow ... I won't be back till next week.

"What about the preparation for your wedding?"

"There's still time mom... I will be back before the wedding... It is still in three weeks"

"Baby but Canada, I don't know what's wrong with you but I just want to say it will be alright so make sure you drink the hot chocolate before bed. Okay?"

Ezra grinned; "I'm a kid you know?"

"You are my kid... Even though you are going to be 25 very soon" Mrs. Queen smiled.

"I'm sorry mom for talking to you like that earlier... It's just that I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone."

"I'm your mother Ezra... You can tell me anything... You know I don't like it when you are sad... And I will do anything for your happiness."

"I know mom..."

"So will you tell me what made you drunk tonight?" she sat beside him on his bed.

"It's office work... I had this large client I lose today...he was making an offer that won't benefit the company. And I lose him which means we also lost a lot of money but I will fix it before I go to Canada next tomorrow." He lied...

He couldn't even tell his mom that the reason why he was having a hard time was because of a woman. What was Emma thinking to ruin everything for him? She could have lied about Zoe being his daughter... She could have lied and stayed beside him but she was being selfish about everything... What about his happiness? Does she even care about him...His birthday is coming very soon but no Emma and Zoe to celebrate with him... The hope he had for them was way too big... He just wants to be with her... Smell her body...places her rose shampooed hair in his nose... Kiss her to bed and wake up expecting her to be by his side... But that won't happen because he will be doing that to someone else... To a woman, he didn't have feelings for anymore.

"I know you will make things better again... And make the right decision." she kissed him goodnight as she close the door behind her.

He went to take a shower because he looked messed up. Earlier the reason why he ran after Emma was because he wanted to make everything right... He wanted to tell her he doesn't care if Zoe was not his daughter... That he will treat her as his own but she was gone... He couldn't even do anything about their life... He just started having feelings and this is all he gets for liking her? He took his phone as he sent the money to her account. Before going to bed

How do you enjoy this chapter?
Please comment and vote...