Oreki Houtarou x Reader

As the teacher spoke, your hearing began to fade out as you daydreamed about Oreki, the boy that sits next to you. He had sat in the same spot all year so far, leaned against the window. You thought to yourself, is he like this at home as well? What's so special about the window? Out the corner of your eye, you notice him leaned into his palm, calmly taking notes. As you watch him slightly take notes you snap back into reality as the teacher tapped his pen on your desk. You looked up at him, embarrassed by the fact that you dozed into a daydream.

"Miss (Y/N) I would gladly appreciate if your attention was on the board instead of Houtarou's pencil." Oreki looked up from his notebook and glanced at you. You looked down and muttered, "I apologize Sir.." Oreki placed his head back in his palm but only this time, he covered a smile in his hand.

Time flew by and class was finally dismissed. You got up to collect your things and left the room to go to your shoe locker. As you opened the locker, you thought about what happened in class. Oreki probably thinks im a creep now, you said to yourself. You finally had switched out of your school shoes to your casual shoes and walked out the door. As you began to walk to your bike, Oreki was already heading home on his. Without a second thought, you quickly ran over to him before he took off and stopped him. Outta breath, you leaned on your knees beside him as he looked down on you.

"(Y/N) Is something wrong?" Oreki asked as he watched you gain breath again. You looked up at him, embarrassed once more. You walked over to your chained up bike which was next to his and held onto the bars and looked down. Blushing and smiling nervously, you softly speak, "Do you possibly want to ride home together..?" He blushed and turned his head away. Little did you know, Oreki has always had feelings for you. He had spent his whole life only focused on him. He did not know how to approach you and yet here you are, doing it for him.

The sun had already began to set as the sky grew peach. A cool breeze carried brown autumn leaves as they swayed across your face while you await your response. Oreki turned back towards you and smiled. "Of course." His voice was soft, mild, and straight forward. You blush and unchain your bike while smiling. Oreki watched as he thought about how he wanted to get to know you better. You finally get onto your bike and smile at him as a lets go sign. He nodded and rode off on his bike with you. Cherry blossoms filled the air as this was a new opportunity in life. You both thought to yourselves.

I love you.