𝕥𝕨𝕠

———
호석
———
Sometimes I wish I did kill myself back then, when I had first heard about Jihoon's death. But alas, my parents found me just about to shovel a bunch of pills into my mouth, and they promptly pulled me away from them. They've kept a close eye on me ever since, and I couldn't keep anything dangerous near me, like blades and ropes. They'd even lock my bedroom door and the windows so I could sneak out and jump from a bridge or something.

But, I mean, my parents are dead now. So is everyone else who claimed to care about me. There's really nobody to stop me now.

I sighed and looked up at the sky, a mix of pinks and oranges since it was around sunset. I snapped back into reality instead of swimming around in my own thoughts, and remembered that I should probably go inside soon.

Stepping back into the house after taking one last look at the sky, I decided to go grab something to eat. I walked into the kitchen, opened the pantry, only to be met with a single bag of Fritos. Godammit. Not even good chips.

Ever since the world had ended, raids were not uncommon. Seeing as I went out every once in a while to grab supplies or visit my family's graves, someone breaking in wasn't unlikely. I often came home to picked locks or broken windows. At least they told me that I wasn't the only survivor.

But this meant that I had to go outside again. A dangerous task. People had already divided themselves into gangs, and were fighting over land and supplies. I haven't even spoken to another human being yet.

Sighing, I grabbed my gun and my backpack, and headed out, immediately faced with dead bodies covering the sidewalk. I pulled out my bike that was hidden in the bushes and hopped on, riding away, making sure I kept track of where I was turning so I could make it home.

After riding randomly for some time, I arrived at a Walmart that looked like it had enough stuff. Surely all the perishables have already, well, perished, but plenty of the dry food would be fine. I hopped off my bike and threw it in some bushes outside, because I was not in a situation to lose my only transportation.

I pushed open the once automatic doors, and stepped inside the building. I walked straight to the food section, and began jamming in as many snacks and such as I could. Then, I searched the store for water, and was able to find a few gallons of it left. I promptly threw those into my bag too, and was about to leave.

Until I heard a click from behind me.

"Who the hell are you?"

•••

wow nobody's reading this yeehaw