Experimental Arc 1.11

It was just humming at first, slow and soft. But it was sensual, sliding across everyone's ears in a gentle movement.

Like the warm breeze of day it blows against their skin, barely brushing against their ear drums but its still there.

And like drugs, the voice was addicting.

The soft humming soon turned into a world of its own. Everyone but Zhi Ruo was lost in the sound. 

Zhi Ruo stared intensely at his target but then he moved his oceanic eyes away. His petal lips was shaped as circle, moist and inviting. 

'Coincidentally' Xiong Wang was able to recognize the song Zhi Ruo was going to sing. 

Even though Zhi Ruo only hummed at the beginning, Xiong Wang was still able to recognize the rhythm of his (ZR) voice.

But there was a slight mistake. A male was needed to sing parts of the song, and Zhi Ruo was disguised as a woman. 

With no other choice, Xiong Wang stepped onto the stage next to Zhi Ruo and hummed along with him (ZR). 

(AN: Xiong Wang was on the ground)

The crowd of people were startled to here another voice -one deep and velvety- abruptly join the feminine voice. But very quickly Zhi Ruo and Xiong Wang fell into harmony with each other.

The [Male Lead] watched Zhi Ruo and Xiong Wang with interest. Such gorgeous specimen they are.

Soon, the humming was joined by nature with its spring wind rustling through fabric and trees. A glorious image was made, with two people -one a flame of warmth and the other a blur of shadows- standing on a small black stage, surrounded by humans. 

It was amazing but haunting at the same time. The warmth of a feminine flame was admired but the coldness of a dark shadow was feared.

Their voices were intoxicating and slow. Their whispered words of love brushed against everyone's heart.

Xiong Wang gently sang, his voice spoke of a forbidden tale of love. 

Story time

There was once a man who loved the empress with his body, heart and soul. 

But the man was not the emperor, you see he was just a mere guard. A mortal who longs for the heaven's beloved daughter.

Unknown to him, the empress loved the man too. 

However she was a married woman, locked to the emperors side by force.

The chains of society kept the empress at bay, and she was only able to bitterly withhold her emotions close to her cold heart. 

One day many winters ago, she was wandering around the market with awe, as she had escaped  the palace until two brute men appeared and seized her when she was near an empty street.

She was only a pampered and weak princess of the palace, and so she could not fight against the barbaric males...

Her guards were left behind and her maids were kept in her courtyard, she had no one to rely on... No one to save her.

Until a man had arrived with the aura of a fierce warrior, he saved her from the two brute men who were about to force their way unto her.

The empress fell in love with the man, her heart thumping and her eyes were bright with unshed tears.

She could never forget the mans eyes, they were as deep as the sea and as mighty as a tiger.

The man had left as quickly as he came like the wind.