Prologue

"Stop it! Pauwi na siya, hindi niya tayo pwede nakikitang nag aaway"my mom said while crying. Her arms were in front of her face, dumudugo at puro bruises.

"At talagang gagamitin mo pa ang anak natin para pagtakpan ang mga ginagagawa mo at makatakas ha?!" My dad raised his voice to my mom again. He was about to hurt her again but something stopped him instead, he just breathed in deeply and he headed to their room.

I ran away from our house. I want to go to my safe place. I want to be alone and let myself drown in my happy thoughts.

I am actually used to them fighting like that, but they don't know that I saw how they break plates and shout at each other every day. I smiled upon seeing my safe place but my smile immediately disappeared when I saw something that wasnt there before. There was light coming from the inside of my safe place, which means someone might be inside.

I mean, I do not really own that place. In fact, my playmates told me that it was supposed to be a laboratory but the owner of it died because of too much exposure to harmful chemicals, but I dont mind the creepy story behind that place.

I found myself in front of the door, should I enter? What if the ghost of the owner was haunting. Maybe someone or something is causing the light inside. I reached my hand out for the door and—

"AAAAAAAAH?!" "PLEASE DONT HAUNT ME!!! I WAS JUST STAYING HERE BECAUSE MY MOM AND DAD WERE ALWAYS FIGHTING AND THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE I KNOW WHERE THEY CANT FIND ME AND PLE—wait. WHAT?!" a chubby girl was in front of me, laughing her larynx out.

"Im not a ghost hahaha! I just saw you standing there for a long time and I thought it would be nice to have company. Lets go in!"

I shrugged her hands off me. "What are doing inside my safe place?" I asked. She just stared at me and smiled. Then again she pulled me inside the laboratory.

A word did not come out of my mouth as my eyes roamed around. "amazing right?" the chubby girl said. "kanina ko pa yang umaga ginagawa. This place is so dull and lifeless and I thought it could use a touch of my sunshine!"she smiled again.

I roamed around the place. The walls used to be empty white spaces but now, it has these drawings of this crazy chubby girl who I just met. And I agree. This is amazing.

"I heard what you said earlier. Your parents are fighting?" she spoke out of nowhere again.

"yes they are. And this is actually my safe place."

"ahh. So you always go here is that right?" she said.

"yes."

"staring at those blank walls?"

"yes."

"dont you feel sad?"

"I do but I feel safe here. I can imagine that my mom and dad are okay inside this place."

"sorry if I ruined the walls."

"You actually didnt. Ang ganda ganda ng ginawa mo."

"talaga? First time may matuwa sa ginawa ko yey!" she jumped all over the place. She was laughing and her hands were on the air, but I noticed something.

"why is your hand bruised? Ang daming scratches and cuts."

"a-ah. I drew on our walls kase. Nagalit sila mommy. Pinitpit nila yung kamay ko, inipit sa pinto and tinaga nila ako para daw I can stop myself." She smiled again at me.