Envision 2020 Plot

Revelation - 2020

It was called the golden era of modern civilisation. An era where everyone was not only satisfied with their lives, but happy with them. It was a lie. You see; there has always been one simple truth. The wealthy prosper; the poor die. But it was not until the year 2020 that humanity finally realised that as a whole; and by then, it was already too late. 

Three major corporations emerged from the shadows. These titans seized control of everything from finances and media to the production of normal household appliances. In simpler terms, they were the puppet masters, and humanity their toys. 

The first of the three, Koda Incoporarated, manipulated all forms of media to their advantage. In essence, there was not a single piece of information that did not come across their headquarters first. With their connections, they drowned out the voices of the opposition and broadcasted a stream of lies to the general populace. 

The second of three, Zephyr Industries, manufactured and maintained all technological products; commerical and military. In doing so, they were able to control everything that they produced whilst continuing to advance their own research. Although they were the least known of the three, their technological reign was absolute. 

The last of the three, Wesker Coporation, managed and controlled all financial venues. They freely manipulated the stock market in such a subtle manner that many rarely knew that their money was being siphoned from them in a controlled manner. Their plans skirted around the law, and allowed them to place a lock on all financial accounts. 

Within these three, an alliance once formed and the Grid established. The Grid, a system so well designed that it would ensure the rich stayed wealthy, and the poor remained peniless. A system that belonged to the three.