Noah's "Proposal" and the Girl he Recognized

It was amazing how far a guy would go to ask out a girl.

"Noah, are you seriously gonna propose to her?" Frankie scoffed.

Cameron stood behind him, his eyes burning holes into Noah's skull. He never liked him. He let off this loverboy vibe that Cameron despised. He was always talking about these girls at the other school as if his life depended on them. A little too often too. But he was Frankie's friend, too, so he shoved off the need to slap him.

"W-Well...I couldn't think of anything else, so..." He scratched the back of his neck nervously. "I wanted to do something different, something unique, and this is what came to mind."

Cameron rolled his eyes, sighing out his irritation. 

"This is ridiculous."

Frankie gave him a sharp look, silently snapping at him to change his tone. A warning grumble left Cameron's throat.

"Well, what would you do?!" Noah asked, narrowing his eyes at him with furrowed brows.

A smirk lifted the corner of Cameron's lips. The growl ceased as he tilted his head, looking to the side.

"Well." Cameron tapped his chin. "First, I would take her out on a date, and then I would take her to a special place that only I know about, and I would ask her if she would go to homecoming with me." He shrugged. "Simple. No need to go the unnecessary mile." A snap of his fingers clicked through the air. "Or, I could take her to a movie and ask on the way back to her home."

Noah sighed, looking at the ring, his eyes brimming with worry.

"Wh-What if she doesn't like the attention this will bring?" He suddenly asked, running a hand through his hair. "What if she rejects me? What if she's not even there!?"

Frankie grabbed his shoulders, shaking him.

"Get a grip, man! She's not your bride-to-be! It's just a question!"

Noah groaned, slapping away Frankie's hands. Swallowing as he stared at the ring, he looked at Frankie, nodding his head.

"Alright. Let's go, Frankie."

Frankie nodded, beaming as he took out his phone. His fingers swiped across the screen as he entered his password.

"I'm gonna record the whole thing!"

Rolling his eyes, Cameron shook his head, turning away with a wave of his hand.

"Whatever, guys. I'll see you later. I'm heading home." He said, walking out of the school.

**************

A sigh left him as he came to the packhouse, his backpack slung over his shoulder. Like he had promised his mom, he would do the garden, and it required care. He tugged an old shirt over his head, pulling old jeans onto his legs. The last thing he needed was his mother getting upset over ruined good clothes. Tugging gloves over his hands and a scarf across his forehead, he huffed.

"Okay." He said, cracking his knuckles. "Let's get to work."

*************

A sigh sagged through his chest as he wiped the sweat from his forehead, nodding in approval at his work. The flower garden was weed-free, the bushes trimmed and watered. The vegetables were also weed-free, the large pile of despised plants wrapped in a large, black trash bag.

"Finally." He huffed, pulling the dirty gloves from his hands.

Chattering began to flood the air, growing louder and louder as people grew closer.