1-How it began

I really thought it was a small leak at first. Tomorrow morning I would run over to the local hardware store and pick up some heavy-duty duct tape to hold the leaking pipe tight until the plumber had a chance to come a few hours later. Little did I know that this small leak turned into a big mess.

-

It was late at night, probably around 10 PM. I was washing the dishes from the pizza my housemate and I just ate. "Beverly, come grab your bracelet before I drop it down the drain!" I called throughout our small bungalow.

I clutched Beverly's bracelet in my hand before I saw the tall girl with deep red curls and piercing blue eyes pull it out of my grasp. Her skin shone flawlessly from the ceiling light relfection.

Beverly slipped on her bracelet, her eyebrows arching. "What?" I asked.

"Do you hear something?" she asked, her American accent loud. I finished drying a plate, placing it on the counter just as Beverly lunged for the floor, slamming open the cabinet under the sink. I was glad my friend had the hearing of a hawk, because if she didn't, I might not be around tomorrow.

Beverly pulled away from blocking my view, letting me see that a rusty-pipe was dripping water. There was a small puddle filling right below the pipe. Beverly let out a quiet laugh.

"I'll run over to the store tomorrow," I said, closing the doors and standing up. "I have to finish here, but I'll see you in bed."

We shared a room, but we had a bunk bed. Beverly was on the top, while I took the bottom bunk. "Okay," I heard Beverly say to me.

[10 minuts later]

I sat down in bed, wearing my knee-length superman pajama pants and a black t-shirt. My brown hair cascading down past my shoulders, stopping just below my chest. I crawled into the bottom bunk, pulling the sheets up to my chin. Beverly and I usually didn't talk before we went to bed, so this was normal. Little did i know, I would not be getting a full-night sleep tonight.

-

I woke up with a start, hearing a loud noise, like someone was pouring water from buckets. I jumped out of bed, my feet instantly becoming wet and soaked. "Beverly!" I shouted, hitting the girl with my hand before running into the hallway. I wasn't very surprised when I saw water showering down from the rusty pipe in the kitchen. I heard a loud shriek before Beverly joined me in the kitchen.

"It's flooding!" Beverly shouted, panicking.

"The carpeting is going to get ruined! We can't have wet carpets! Where are we going to stay!" I quickly yelled. The water kept rising, slowly. I bent down, trying to push the pipes together, but to avail, the water pressure pushed me away.

"Your brother is coming to town!" Beverly said abrutly. "We can ask him if he'll take us on tour with him until this is fixed!"

"Beverly, my brother isn't just going to take us on tour with him!" I screamed at my friend, looking at her with a glare. "Besides, I wouldn't go to Niall in a million years."

"You have to at least ask, or we'll have to go our seperate ways, back to our own countries until this is fixed," Beverly told me, her lip quivering. I really enjoyed Beverly, I wouldn't want to leave her. She was one of my only friends, my best friend...my sister! I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'll ask. But I'm not making any promises," I said, slightly annoyed with the girl, but I had bigger problems.

My house was flooding.