Chapter 28 - Clearing the Last Hurdle

The choices you make now, the people you surround yourself with, they all have the potential to affect your life, even who you are, forever. ― Sarah Dessen

Chapter 28 - Clearing the Last Hurdle

Chandler's POV-

With the early morning sun barely peaking through the shades, it's hard to see Mason clearly. What I can see is his beautiful lips relaxed in a half smile and a shadow of scruff on his jaw. My hand follows the contours of his face not quite touching skin. I lick my lips remembering the feel and taste of him, and wish him to wake.

The crescent shape of his eyelashes rests on the delicate skin just above his cheeks, and I can imagine the intense green eyes pinning me with a lustful look.

I've always thought his was handsome - beautiful even, and he is. He's my beautifully handsome man that likes to kiss the hell out of me.

"You know I can read your thoughts?" he says with a husky sound of morning in his voice.

"Oh, you can?"

He doesn't answer; he just lets his hand roam over my body as he snuggles his lips into the crook of my neck, and the scruff tickles against my skin. He adjusts himself between my legs, holding me closer as he maneuvers to my other shoulder. "You were thinking about kissing me, but then maybe not kissing me, since we both probably have morning breath."

I laugh telling him I didn't think about the second part. He says good and kisses me anyway. He moves his hips just a bit, and I let a moan escape my lips. "Now you're thinking we have plenty of time, before the alarm, to truly wake up."

"Really? I thought that?"

He moves his hips again, and I agree. We have plenty of time before the alarm. "My beautiful, beautiful Chandler," he tells me as he centers himself. "I love you," as he enters.

Mason's POV-

Completely armed for my meeting with Patrick Sr., even if it's earlier than I originally expected, I make my way to his floor. Originally, this meeting felt more like being called to the principal's office, but after a strategy meeting with Chandler, Rachel and Regan, everything has been put into perspective.

While Chandler and Rachel worked more on press releases and statements, I worked with Regan on lining up support, since the timing is out of our hands now and we will have to improvise part of our original plan.

Pamela waves me through to Patrick Sr.'s office, telling me that Regan is running late. Knowing I'm on my own for a little while, I mentally prepare to meet with him alone. 'Keep your head. Don't get defensive or caught up in any personal arguments.' Regan's words ring through my head.

Instead of the angry man I've experienced that few months, an extremely pleasant man that happens to be in the form of my grandfather greets me. Immediately the hairs on the back of my neck are on end. His behavior has me on edge as he asks about my family, about Addy and her recovery. The hostility that was rolling off of him yesterday, when he left a voice mail, is like a distant memory.

"We need to get in front of this story," he finally tells me. He passes a piece of paper my way. "I took the liberty of sending this to the press this morning."

Scanning the document, it reads as an announcement of management changes due to the Mid-South merger. Executive Programming Manager, Joseph L. Decker says, "I'm looking forward to bringing the P. Cahill Media into the forefront with new designations and programming early this fall." The rest of the paragraphs spell out the education and qualifications of Decker, and the excitement P. Cahill Industries has in announcing his leadership.