cheAting deAth...

Aria awoke with a start, her green eyes were bloodshot from many sleepless nights, she stayed up listening to the urgent whispering of Ali and Spencer all night. 'How long are they going to toy with me before they finally do kill me?' she thought to herself. Her former best friends had faked her death, and had been using her to manipulate Ezra. And quite frankly, she was fed up with it all. The springs in the musty rose-patterned couch screeched as she shifted to get the gag out of her mouth.

"Spence!" Aria called, she needed attention, she had a plan.

The whispers silenced as Spencer Hastings walked slowly over to Aria, there was a new cocky drawl in her footsteps- had it always been that way?

"Aria." she replied, in a snarky tone, Spencer's eyes danced with both grief and excitement.

"Please, could you loosen the ropes around my wrists? I can't feel my hands." Aria pleaded, and also prayed that she was a good enough actress.

A look of confusion crossed Spencer's face, before she sat down next to Aria.

"Fine."

Spencer began untying the scout knots that bound Aria's wrists together, and whispered.

"Ar, I never meant to do this to you. You know Ali- she has dirt on me that could ruin me, I-" Spencer pleaded, but was cut off.

"Spencer. After what you've done to me, I can never forgive you. You took me away from the people I love most, you made them believe I am dead. I am dead to them. And Emily, you killed her too. How could you? How could you." Aria fumed, tears threatened to spill over the sides of her eyes, as she looked at the person that killed her best friend, and destroyed Ezra.

"I know I can't make it up to you." Spencer was crying now, her face crumpled like an old paper bag- she unscrewed a small prescription bottle and popped a red pill in her mouth, then cut the ropes with a rusty knife. "I'm going to make it up to you. Take the knife-"

"What?"

"Just do it! You're going to go out the hatch behind those boxes, then through the stables and out the side door; got it? I want you to take the dirt path you see and run until you reach the back door entrance to Ezra's apartment building. And the moment i pass out, I need you to run. Don't be seen. You better stay dead, Aria, or someone will kill you for real this time." Spencer whispered, sleep already tugging at the corners of her eyes.

Aria nodded, dumbstruck. "Thank you."

Spencer was already asleep, so Aria stealthily crept down alongside the boxes, down the hatch and into the night.

                                                                                                      ---A---

"Spencer!" Alison called from the dining set she called her Office. "Spencer, are you there?"

Alison set down her notebook and walked around the corner to see Spencer knocked out on the couch, and Aria gone.

Ali's face was distorted with rage. She had underestimated Aria, after all, how could one cut through an entire coil of rope AND knock out Spencer within 10 minutes without making a peep?

Next time, Aria would stay dead.

                                                                                                       ---A---

Aria raced down the dirt road, away from her tormentors, away from that awful couch, and back into Ezra's arms, she was carried by sheer ecstasy quickly (but quietly) climbed up the stairs to Ezra's apartment, and unlocked the door to apartment 3B, bringing the extra key inside with her. No chances were going to be taken.

Ezra was sitting on the couch, staring at a black TV screen, his eyes were glazed over, but she could see from a distance that he had kept in shape n her absence.

"Ezra?" she said tentatively.

Immediately his head snapped up.

"Aria. You're back again!" he exclaimed, sweeping her into a hug- well, and a few kisses.

Aria nodded her head, her chocolate brown hair was matted and fairly oily. "I'm staying her for good." she said quietly

"Aria, no offense, but you're dead. You died a week ago." Ezra said gently

"No. I never died. I was taken hostage by some people who I think are -A, but I never died." she whispered into his ear.

"We need to tell the police! We'll have -A rotting behind bars. Who took you?" Ezra raged, never letting go of Aria while he picked up the phone.

"No! We can't let anyone know. It's best if I stay dead, for now at least. I need you to continue your work, we need to get Ali and Spencer alone. They took me. Ezra, they're -A."

Got some Ezria and Sparia going on! Thank you so much for getting me almost 100 reads, I couldn't have done it without you! Next chapter is going to have whatever ship YOU want in it as a reward for getting me 100 reads! First one to comment what ship they want, gets it in the next chapter I write! -A

Two things: a) it might take me a little longer than usual to write the next chapter because i'm going to make it really good :) (AKA a week TOPS) b) I'm going to be writing a Wrencer fanfiction here soon, so tune into that! No offense to Spoby fans...