The Reaper

Erens POV

I lurk in the shadows, following the large man, his footsteps echo along the brick alleyway. I swiftly lunge and knock him to the ground, dagger in hand. I put my hand over his mouth and cleanly slit his throat, the crimson liquid forming a dark puddle around his head. I climb off of the male and pull out the linen cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol, I clean away any fingerprints and wipe the silver blade clean. I step out of the alleyway and walk down the sidewalk. I pass a prostitute leaning against one of the many brick buildings. "Are you lost, little boy?" She seems genuinely concerned but I'm in a foul mood and you can never trust anyone in this part of town. "Shut up slut." She seems taken aback. 

"Well fuck you!" I click my tongue. 

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" I continue walking down the street with my head low. I eventually make it to the bus stop. I sit down on the bench and wait for the next bus. 

"Hey there baby, what are you doing out here?" I glare up at the strange, yet obviously drunk, male.  

"You want your throat cut mother fucker?!" His face pales and he quickly turns and runs away. I chuckle and the bus pulls up. I climb up the steep steps and hand the driver a 20, he sputters but shoves the money into his pocket and asks. "Where to?" 

"2958 Sina Avenue." His eyebrows shoot up. 

"You sure kid, that's the rich area." 

"Yeah, I'm sure." 

"Alright." He pulls away from the street I pull out my phone and call my current boss. 

"Hello."       

"It's Eren." 

"Did you get it done?" 

"Of course I did, I'm on my way to pick up my paycheck." 

"Alright, I'll see you soon." 

"Bye." I hang up and watch the window. The buildings slowly turn from shabby to middle-class apartments, to high-class mansions. He stops at the golden gates and opens the doors, I climb out of my seat and walk down the steps. I enter the code into the keypad and the gates open, I walk up the long driveway and let myself in with the key Nile gave me. I walk down the halls and enter his study. I find him sitting at his large oak wood desk. Nile hands me the thick envelope, I grab my dagger and slice open the envelope, pulling out the wad of cash, I count through the bills, " 10,100,   10,200,   10,300,   10,400,   10,500. Looks good, you don't need me anymore?"

"No you've taken care of everything, I'll contact you if I need another job done. I'll have Maurice drive you home." 

"Will do, let me know if you ever need anything again."  

------------

I climb out of the car and thank Maurice, I hop in the elevator and hit the 15th-floor button. I enter my apartment, shedding my dirty clothes and throwing them in the wash. My Maine Coon kitten, Miku weaves in between my legs until I scoop her up. She mewls as I stroke her back and scratch her ears. As I head to my bedroom I glance at the clock over the fireplace. Jesus 3:45 AM, I gotta get up early for school tomorrow. I face plant on to the black silk sheets. Miku curls into my side as I curl into the sheets and shut off the lights. 

-----------------

I run-up to the entrance of the Junior High busting through the doors, I bolt up the stairs and quickly enter my locker combo, I throw all my stuff into the metal box and slam it shut, running down the hall to my first class. I fling myself into my seat just as the bell rings. "Saved by the bell Mr. Jaegar." I shrug and Mr. Ellis and pull out the materials for 7th-grade history. Mr. Ellis babbles on about how Queen Elizabeth revolutionized England.