The Corn Maze

It was Halloween night. In the small town, Marfa, there was a little boy wandering through the annual corn maze. 8-year-old Timmy was excited, as this would be his first corn maze. He walked around, jumping at skeletons and zombies. They seemed so realistic, though he attributed it to his young imagination. He could feel someone, or something, staring at him. He turned and looked around, but he saw nothing. He turned back and started to run. All he had to do was find the center, then he would be safe with all the adults. Easy enough, or so he thought. He saw lanterns in the distance, he had found it! He had found the center of the maze! He closed his eyes imaging all the delicious Halloween treats he would get. In an instant, he was on the ground. He knew he hadn't tripped, so he looked back. What looked to be a black claw was attached to his ankle.He looked to see what it was attached to, only to see the most terrifying thing he had ever seen. It was a grotesque creature. with blood red eyes and the most terrifying fangs ever. It was 8 feet long and didn't have a proper bone structure, causing it to bend and crawl in all directions. Its tongue flicked out, licking around his mouth. Timmy tried to scream, only to find he didn't have the ability anymore. The creature approached him, licking Timmy's face slowly. The last thing Timmy heard was the demon whisper, "Don't you know, there is no escape from the demon realm." And Timmy could finally scream, as the demon killed him. By the time he was found the next day, he was just a head staring blankly into space. His eyes were completely black, and there was a note beside him. When the sheriff read it, he was mortified and notified the town immediately. There has not been a corn maze since.

The note read, "Thanks for the treat. I'll see you next year." Written in the young boy's blood.

Sorry for the poor quality, it was just a one page I had to do for a class. I hope you liked it. Happy Halloween. I hope you taste good for the demons.